Rick i.d

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Hey Carolyn, how long did you let the gorilla glue set?
According to the company, it takes 7 days for it to fully cure, in order to be water proof.

Super glue on the other, drys in minutes. I suggest super glue over gorilla glue.

According to the company, it takes 7 days for it to fully cure, in order to be water proof.

Super glue on the other, drys in minutes. I suggest super glue over gorilla glue.
Gorilla glue is super glue

Gorilla glue is super glue
No, it’s not.

Gorilla glue is made for more tough jobs. It also has to have water added to it, for it to set properly. It also needs to be clamped in order for it to set properly.

Super glue is much better.

According to the UK gorilla glue site, they make Gorilla Glue and they make Gorilla Superglue and Superglue gel.

So they make two types of glue, you need the superglue which is cyanoacrylate.

According to the UK gorilla glue site, they make Gorilla Glue and they make Gorilla Superglue and Superglue gel.

So they make two types of glue, you need the superglue which is cyanoacrylate.
Yes, but the OP was asking about just the regular gorilla glue. ;)

I let the glue set about 20 minutes. If you are concerned about the plants drying out, cover them with a wet paper towel. I did not put into my main tank right away, but into a small tank to see how it worked. Tested the water and left them for a day before putting into my community tank. That was 2 months ago. Everything is doing fine. Java fern is growing great. Good Luck.

If you drape the wet paper towel over the plant, it will condense and the glue will get wet.

If you drape the wet paper towel over the plant, it will condense and the glue will get wet.
You dont put the paper towel over the rock....just the plant :)

You dont put the paper towel over the rock....just the plant :)
If you are gluing the plant to the rock, then how are you not supposed to get water in the rock? I’m confused as to where you are going with this...

Why not just use super glue? It can dry in less than 2 minutes and is waterproof the instant it is dry.

If you are gluing the plant to the rock, then how are you not supposed to get water in the rock? I’m confused as to where you are going with this...

Why not just use super glue? It can dry in less than 2 minutes and is waterproof the instant it is dry.
So if you glue the plant to the rock you get a paper towel damp -not dripping- and drape the towel over the plant, avoiding getting the rock wet by not draping it over the base of the stem. It wont get the rock wet...

So if you glue the plant to the rock you get a paper towel damp -not dripping- and drape the towel over the plant, avoiding getting the rock wet by not draping it over the base of the stem. It wont get the rock wet...
If you are going through all of that work just to keep the glue dry, then why use gorilla glue in the first place? You’re going in circles.

Use super glue, let it dry for 1-2 minutes, boom. :big_boss:

It was my first time using super glue. I did not know how long before I could put it in water. Whether you use
Gorilla glue or SuperGlue, it is easier if you use the GEL Glue, it isn't runny.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back