Rick i.d

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jlo718

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello I purchased these rocks for aquascaping from a aquascape place for koi ponds.does anyone know what type they are or if they'll alter my tanks ph?

Attachments

• 20200513_183221.jpg
    20200513_183221.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 111
To test if they will alter the ph pour a little vinegar on it. If it fizzes it will but if it stays the same it wont

There are several ways to check...

First off, we’re did you buy them?

Secondly, if you pour vinegar on it, does it bubble? If so, it is not safe. That is just and easy way to test. But I really need to know where you got them.

There are several ways to check...

First off, we’re did you buy them?

Secondly, if you pour vinegar on it, does it bubble? If so, it is not safe. That is just and easy way to test. But I really need to know where you got them.
He said from an aquascaping place for koi

It was called aquascaping of Florida I believe they had tons of rocks to pick from (not labeled) although he did steer me away from to types. Okay I'll give the vinegar a go.

Ok just did it, no bubbles. Then tested the theory with some pavers in the back just to see if it worked and they bubbled!

Just wash them well and you can add them to the tank

As far as gluing some plants to the rocks, will gorilla glue work?

I used the Gorilla Glue Gel. It says right on the package it is safe for use in aquariums. I could not find Gel Super Glue. The Java Fern has been glued on the rock and wood for 2 months now. No trouble. Everything is doing great. Plants growing, fish populating,.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back