Riccia fluitans

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Fishfinder1973

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have attached this to wood which is submerged,with netting.Iā€™m led to believe I canā€™t remove the netting as the plant wonā€™t attach.
Has anyone had dealings with riccia?How long does it grow if I didnā€™t cut it?

I have attached this to wood which is submerged,with netting.Iā€™m led to believe I canā€™t remove the netting as the plant wonā€™t attach.
Has anyone had dealings with riccia?How long does it grow if I didnā€™t cut it?
It grows to about 4-6cm tall, depending upon water conditions.
You're right in that it's one of those that needs tying to things...or using as a floating plant, either on the surface, or just loose in the water column..

Thanks for the reply Bruce.
The riccia seemed inert for the first couple of weeks,but itā€™s beginning to grow now and must be around a cm tall.
Hopefully it will thicken up too,if only to hide the netting,which was an onion bag (well washed)but itā€™s red in colour.
I wouldnā€™t want to risk floating it,thereā€™s a filter intake a couple of inches below the surface.Once it has grown to length and thereā€™s enough of it,I shall attach it along the wood.

Thanks for the reply Bruce.
The riccia seemed inert for the first couple of weeks,but itā€™s beginning to grow now and must be around a cm tall.
Hopefully it will thicken up too,if only to hide the netting,which was an onion bag (well washed)but itā€™s red in colour.
I wouldnā€™t want to risk floating it,thereā€™s a filter intake a couple of inches below the surface.Once it has grown to length and thereā€™s enough of it,I shall attach it along the wood.
Limes often come in a nice green netting. ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back