Returning to Fish keeping after nearly 40 years

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

terrypin

Reaction score
Hi not kept fish for years then the Residential home I work at were given a 125l tank and a couple of goldfish. The staff and residents were struggling to keep the tank clean `algae bloom'. I rehomed the gold fish into my daughters small outdoor pond and was given a few guppies from her aquarium. Anyway this all went well but I was bitten by the bug and bought myself a second hand tank for home. So now I have 2 tanks to clean and maintain. Thanks for all the old posts I can read to answer any questions that I have. Things have changed a lot, at home I have a cannister filter which I was a little intimidated by at first but feel confident cleaning it now even though I struggle with priming it.

Hi not kept fish for years then the Residential home I work at were given a 125l tank and a couple of goldfish. The staff and residents were struggling to keep the tank clean `algae bloom'. I rehomed the gold fish into my daughters small outdoor pond and was given a few guppies from her aquarium. Anyway this all went well but I was bitten by the bug and bought myself a second hand tank for home. So now I have 2 tanks to clean and maintain. Thanks for all the old posts I can read to answer any questions that I have. Things have changed a lot, at home I have a cannister filter which I was a little intimidated by at first but feel confident cleaning it now even though I struggle with priming it.
Welcome to the forum! Tag me if you have any questions!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back