Restocking My 60L

Jonty

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Due to a combination of old age and internal bacteria my 60l has been left with a rather sorry looking stock list:

8 Ember Tetra
2 Pygmy Corys
1 Lampeye Killifish

Simply, I'm looking to up the schools and add a bit of activity and colour to the tank - I'm thinking:

8 Ember Tetra
8 Pygmy Corys
8 Cardinal Tetra

What do you reckon? The filter is a mature Aquamanta EFX200 External, which puts out 800lph, so no problems on the filtration side

I think that stock you be really nice looking, I'm just thinking it may be pushing the stock limit somewhat, as cardinals are be a bit picky about their water. But if water changes are regaular I guess that stock would be fine. It will be a very active tank as well, nice display tank too.

I think it will fit nicely, but you probably want to stock up slowly in case the bacteria aren't there because of the currently low stocking..

I would even consider neons or green neons instead of cardinals, especially if that tank is planted.

I just recently started up my 60l tank. Are that many tetras OK in a tank that size?

I just recently started up my 60l tank. Are that many tetras OK in a tank that size?
It depends on the set-up, how you cycle it, etc.

In a standard 60 litre, fish-less cycled, medium planted, with decent filter set-up, I think 6-8 dwarf/pigmy Corys and 15 or so 3 cm fish normally fit well.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back