Restarting my 5gal betta tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

BleuTheBetta

Fish Crazy
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I'm having some difficulties with my current tank- I'm not feeling it. there are a bunch of things that I want to change, and I just think that starting fresh would be a good idea. The substrate isn't ideal at all for me (only dirt) and i didn't know that, i'm still a beginner, so i'm changing the substrate to sand. i ordered that plus driftwood for aquariums off of amazon, plus a mag float. I am also going to go get Anubias petite from my LFS. I'll put that plus maybe some java fern and java moss on the driftwood.
I don't want any plant in substrate plants just yet- i don't want to try to do that, not just yet.
I do have some questions, though!
- What glue should I use to attach java moss, java fern, and anubias to the wood?
- What is a good amount of time to boil the driftwood for?
- Do you guys think that this is a good idea? Tips?
Water params:
PH: 7.7ish
GH: 25 (on my test strips- i use these: test strips)
No ammonia, nitrite, or nitrate.
If you guys have any concerns, please tell me. If i'm doing the wrong thing, I want to know.
Thank you!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Current tank:
E1306281-0967-4197-849A-7CB0F1CEF1B6.jpeg

Though this was a month or more earlier. Now there’s a new filter and heater. (I upgraded from a 7watt to a 25 watt heater, and got a new filter because the small one in the picture wasn’t working very well.)

I boil the driftwood for around an hour. Then I soak it in a sink with the hottest water possible - draining and refilling every few hours. It usually takes 2-3 days to get all the tanins out.

I can't speak to safe glue - I just use fishing line to tie moss around driftwood until it attaches itself.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back