Resources For Setting Up A Paludarium?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LicianDragon

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I love the look of paludariums and have always wanted to create one but I can't find any good sources that explain the process. Some of the ones I've seen have potting soil in the above ground part but I'd be worried about anything leeching from that potting soil into the water and possibly harming the fish? If anyone has any experience with this or knows of websites or something that explain it better that would be great!

LicianDragon said:
I love the look of paludariums and have always wanted to create one but I can't find any good sources that explain the process. Some of the ones I've seen have potting soil in the above ground part but I'd be worried about anything leeching from that potting soil into the water and possibly harming the fish? If anyone has any experience with this or knows of websites or something that explain it better that would be great!

You can do laterite. It doesn't leech anything. and some aquarium plant substrate too like some flourite black or onyx sand

DerpPH said:

You can do laterite. It doesn't leech anything. and some aquarium plant substrate too like some flourite black or onyx sand

And that'll be ok for regular plants?

Most reactions

Back