Resin filters..you never need to make a water change. Plus!..mega private fishroom.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Use the closed captioning and translate in english. But he says resin filters remove all the brown or tint from his aquariums. I know that those little chemi -pures I used to buy did a great if expensive job. Plus ghostly breeding albino Stingrays and Arowanas.

I don't have enough data to view a YouTube video but does the resin filter remove microscopic organisms that affect the fish?

One of the reasons we clean and water change the tank is to remove the harmful pathogens in the water so the fish don't get sick. Filters don't normally get rid of these pathogens.

I don't have enough data to view a YouTube video but does the resin filter remove microscopic organisms that affect the fish?

One of the reasons we clean and water change the tank is to remove the harmful pathogens in the water so the fish don't get sick. Filters don't normally get rid of these pathogens.
I suppose running a UV sterilizer at sufficient wattage paired with dosing probiotics could solve those issues, if this resin filter truly deals with all accumulating waste and other dissolved solids.

In German. He said he built all his large aquariums. No mention of UV that I heard. Freshwater fish don't usually need UV unless its Discus or maybe the Cardinal-Neon tanks. But having one is a good thing..they take out algae spores too.
But they dont kill off BGA. No wonder it was one of the first living things on earth to conquer the world's oceans.

Resin filters remove minerals from fresh water. I don't know how well they work on salt water. Eventually the resin has to be replaced once it is full of minerals. But one word of warning. Resin filers are not very good at removing Boron. if you don't do water changes boron levels could slowly build up to toxic levels.

I was using a resin filter in my bucket to keep TDS levels low. For my water changes I removed the water I need and then added more RO water (RO filter also have problems removing Boron). I sent a sample out for a lab test and it showed I had 2000 Parts Per Billion of Boron in it which was causing problems with my fertilizer. My tap water only had 2 parts per billion according to the water quality report. The solution to this problem was to completely drain the water in my bucket before refilling it. According to a web search Boron is used to control insects. So it is conceivable that high levels could cause problems for invertebrates. But I found no data on boron and fresh water shrimp. and didn't notice any issue with my shrimp in my tank.

He says he can recharge the resin with hydrogen peroxide. The last 1/3 of the video had no translation. I'm going to have to watch that again soon,when they get that sorted out. I don't think he mentions if he makes water changes,but the idea of the resin being like a freshwater protein filter is new to me.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back