Rescued Another Fish!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Gizaroo2

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all! I rescued a new fish the other day. :) Unfortunately, I won't be keeping him...as once I get him healthy, one of my coworkers will be taking him. The initial fish I wanted to rescue, but didn't have anywhere to put, was no longer there. I don't know whether he passed away, or was finally bought, but he was nowhere to be seen. I texted my coworker asking if she wanted one of several sickly bettas they had, and it boiled down to two. This guy, Brutus, and a little blue halfmoon dragonscale boy that looked partially blind. Brutus however, is huge, and the cup just is not big enough for him. He was breathing pretty heavily, and is very homely looking. Due to his looks, I don't think very many people would have purchased him, so I sent a picture of him to my coworker and described him and she said he was the one she wanted. He has a deformity on his nose, and looks kind of snub nosed..his fins/tail look too small for his body...all in all, he needs a loving home :).

Here are a few pictures of him still in his cup. He's in a 2 gallon Critter Carrier until he goes home when he's ready. It's heated and filtered. He will be going home to a 10 gallon tank. :) He's really starting to grow on me...but he'll have a great home with my friend/coworker. :D

2012-02-01204224.jpg

2012-02-01204150.jpg

2012-02-01195739.jpg

Video of him later that day.

Brutus Video

Him today

2012-02-05115800.jpg

2012-02-02195557.jpg

2012-02-02093458.jpg

2012-02-02093331.jpg

2012-02-02195540.jpg

IMG_2498.jpg

IMG_2499.jpg

IMG_2500.jpg

IMG_2505.jpg

IMG_2508.jpg

May I ask, what are you using for his filter? My betta has a top fin filter and even thought there is not much current, it seems to be a bit too much for him...

I think he's a pretty fish, by the way :) doesn't look homely to me...and that bump on his "nose" just adds character IMO :look:

May I ask, what are you using for his filter? My betta has a top fin filter and even thought there is not much current, it seems to be a bit too much for him...

I think he's a pretty fish, by the way :) doesn't look homely to me...and that bump on his "nose" just adds character IMO :look:

It's an Azoo Palm filter I believe. It is adjustable, and puts out just enough of a flow to keep the surface clear of the protein skim, but not too much. :) I think it would even work for my VT, Tango. I love it! I'm probably going to get a few more eventually to have on hand.

I thought he was homely at first, but I agree! The bump adds character, and he's really growing on me. :)

Hes eating very well now. I don't have to use the pipette with him now. He'll come to the surface for food. :)

Hes doing.g really well!

another dragon scale i found it hard enough finding mine and u just pop another up ur lucky although i think u need to see the post i made in lilfishie's thread "male bought to be female" or something like that have a good look :p

aahhh who am i kiding ill just tell u im going to take ur fish lol :p america seems to have all the dragon scales lucky :p

Haha there's two more beautiful male plakats at petsmart I would love to have...but I have nowhere to put two more.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back