Rescue Case - George

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
What an incredible difference you made to that dog! He looks fantastic now, well done you :thumbs:

:-( With a very heavy heart, Georgie was put to sleep today :-(
His heart was failing and the medications he's been on for the past number of years have stopped helping.
As he hasn't been living with me with the past few years (no dogs allowed), it wasn't my decision to make - but that of my vet nurse friend he's been living with (the one who actually twisted my arm to take him on in the first place). It was a tough brave decision, but under the circumstance the best and fairest for George.

I'm very very sad that George is no longer - but I'm so happy and grateful that he had the chance to live his last few years cared for and treated like a king. Even though for the last 2 years he had no teeth left and could only eat soft food - though didn't stop him from always trying to team up with his 2 Jack Russell friends and raiding the kitchen rubbish bin!

:rip: little George
Nov01.jpg

I'm so sorry bloo and i wish you well in coping. Seeing past his physical faults was the best thing you did. He looks like show quality with all his hair back. You did a good thing by saving him that day, even if he were only to live even a week later. Every second mattered to that lil' guy.

Poor George, I'm sure he appreciated what you did for him :rip:

:wub: Rest now little fella :wub: Well done to you for caring for George and giving him those extra years that he nearly lost out on--- Be very proud :good:

Godspeed George *ding*

Thank yous to you and your vet friend who gave this little guy a happy, loving, warm home to call his own for his last few years. No doubt that will be one joyous reunion on the other side of that rainbow bridge.

Thanks so much everyone :thumbs:

I still sometimes wonder how on earth this little chap got to be the way he was. The condition he was in doesn't happen overnight. That was serious long term gross neglect. But above all - how he survived the streets of London. And I wonder how long he was actually wandering around. Or was he living in someone’s backyard while deteriorating and then one day escaped ?
I remember for the first few weeks I had him, he was petrified of going into the garden. Perhaps he thought once in the garden, the backdoor would close and he wouldn't be let back into the house again ?

Who knows....so many questions I'll never had answers too.

But I think what surprised me above all was his amazing personality. He totally lovingly accepted my kittens and was never nasty to them or a bully. In fact he shared his basket with them ! and even played chase (a real nice game - not the nasty aggressive one.
I could bath him, clip him, clean his teeth - you name it. He adored and loved chilred and children could do just about anything with him. My neighbours had a bunch of kids and they always came each day to ask if they could come and play with George and take him for walks.

RIP Georgie Boy :wub:

So sorry Bloo. I was a vet tech too (stopped to become a professional mommy :) ) and all my hairy kids are rescues. I rescued an old cocker a year ago this month. He was living in a garbage pit behind someone's home, covered with mud, hadn't been shaved in ages and his matts were so bad he almost couldn't walk and had sticks and poop stuck in his fur. His diet was leftovers and trash and his water was green. I convinced the people that I needed an older dog to keep company with my young one and they let me have him. I discovered at the vets the next day he had kidney disease, he was also completely deaf. We kept him going on fluid treatments and special diet as well as shaving him down and lots of love and he did fine until Christmas when he crashed and I had to have him put down. :( So I know where you're coming from, it's heartbreaking but these little guys got the best of life even if it was only at the end. At least we have that small comfort, knowing they ultimately knew love.

ahh Bloo another sad story to add to the rest, at least this one has a happy part, it's so sad that he has died, but so good that he met you and your friend who between you gave him everything he needed. It's nice to know that there are people out there who care when so often we just here the sad story with no one to help. You did a great thing, and you should be so proud of yourself (but I bet your not - it just came naturally). He was a gorgeous, friendly; happy (in the end) dog - well done.

Wow Bloo. I remeber this thread from last year. Sad to see the poor little fella go. Atleast he had an awsome life towards the end, and actually found someone who cared and loved him. Theres nothing better in life, knowing someone loves you, and he left knowing he found someone who cared enough and loved him. Im sure he was such a good dog because he cherished every minute he had in the best quality condition you and your friend brought him too. Great story, and one that made me tear up. I wish I could meet you and your friend, Id shout you a beer! :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back