Replacing background in established tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Mooky9669

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I need a new background for my 20 gal high tank. One I've had for a long time isn't sticking as well and is cracked some. I had used vaseline when I put it on before. What would be the best way to stick it to the glass without just using tape around the edges. I want the image to pop. I read elsewhere you can use water. If I use the water method, do I need to spray just the tank or the tank and background? Also read something about using liquid soap or something like that too. Thanks in advance.

I need a new background for my 20 gal high tank. One I've had for a long time isn't sticking as well and is cracked some. I had used vaseline when I put it on before. What would be the best way to stick it to the glass without just using tape around the edges. I want the image to pop. I read elsewhere you can use water. If I use the water method, do I need to spray just the tank or the tank and background? Also read something about using liquid soap or something like that too. Thanks in advance.
I used this: DEC17FDA-0FB5-4B0F-A2D2-D2D77E69F7C0.png
I cursed it when I was using it, it’s sort of greasy, and the black background kept curling away from the glass. But, after a few days the background stopped curling, and is now firmly ”stuck”. The stuff doesn’t seem to set or dry and I used the rubber blade of my window wiper to get any bubbles out. Really happy with the product now and probably should have thought about letting the backing flatten out before trying to attach it ?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back