Repashy Soilent Green

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Just looked at the parents guide... and yikes the violence is pretty bad... I.may not want to watch it. Although it does still interest me especially since it's based in the "future" in our year 2022

highly rateed on rotten tomatoes

Just looked at the parents guide... and yikes the violence is pretty bad... I.may not want to watch it. Although it does still interest me especially since it's based in the "future" in our year 2022
Eh? The violence isn't hugely overdone or gory in that film? What's the parent's guide?

Eh? The violence isn't hugely overdone or gory in that film? What's the parent's guide?
On IMDB or common sense media there is a parents guide section that shows language, sex, drug use, and violence in a film... You tap on it to see what's in it. In the IMDB parents guide it says for violence this:

• Multiple women are hit by a man, one of them cries for the rest of the scene.
  • A man hits another man with a metal crowbar in the back of the head (the actual hitting is not seen) killing him.
  • A woman is shot in the head at close range (obscured and not gory).
  • A mob riots and large trucks with scoops gather up people.
  • Two bystanders are carelessly shot in attempts to kill a man.
  • A man is shot in the leg.
  • Another man is crushed to a height of a few inches by a large bulldozer scoop (the crushing is shown, but the body is obscured and not gory. Later, his legs are shown sticking out from under the bulldozer scoop, surrounded by a pool of blood).
  • A man beats another, and roughs up a woman.
  • A man undergoes assisted suicide.
  • Two characters fall a long distance.
  • Men shoot at each other with handguns, one is killed, one is wounded, blood is shown.
  • A woman is shot in the back.
  • A man is stabbed in the chest with large kitchen knife (shown protruding from chest for several seconds), and coughs up blood.
Nice long and brutal list imho

On IMDB or common sense media there is a parents guide section that shows language, sex, drug use, and violence in a film... You tap on it to see what's in it. In the IMDB parents guide it says for violence this:

• Multiple women are hit by a man, one of them cries for the rest of the scene.
  • A man hits another man with a metal crowbar in the back of the head (the actual hitting is not seen) killing him.
  • A woman is shot in the head at close range (obscured and not gory).
  • A mob riots and large trucks with scoops gather up people.
  • Two bystanders are carelessly shot in attempts to kill a man.
  • A man is shot in the leg.
  • Another man is crushed to a height of a few inches by a large bulldozer scoop (the crushing is shown, but the body is obscured and not gory. Later, his legs are shown sticking out from under the bulldozer scoop, surrounded by a pool of blood).
  • A man beats another, and roughs up a woman.
  • A man undergoes assisted suicide.
  • Two characters fall a long distance.
  • Men shoot at each other with handguns, one is killed, one is wounded, blood is shown.
  • A woman is shot in the back.
  • A man is stabbed in the chest with large kitchen knife (shown protruding from chest for several seconds), and coughs up blood.
Nice long and brutal list imho

Brutal? Um, okay...
Does that mean you've never seen The Matrix? That's far more gory, and I just googled the parent's guide for it, and the list is a lot longer than the one for Soylent Green (which even mentions that a lot is off-screen and not gory).

I just can't imagine how limited your range of films/TV etc is, if Soylent Green is considered brutal!

Brutal? Um, okay...
Does that mean you've never seen The Matrix? That's far more gory, and I just googled the parent's guide for it, and the list is a lot longer than the one for Soylent Green (which even mentions that a lot is off-screen and not gory).

I just can't imagine how limited your range of films/TV etc is, if Soylent Green is considered brutal!
Nope haven't seen the matrix. Mostly cause I have a little brother and my mom was in Afghanistan for a bit which messed her up mentally... We watch starwars and jurassic park/world. For the most part we're ok with that but yah, I would consider that list brutal

Nope haven't seen the matrix. Mostly cause I have a little brother and my mom was in Afghanistan for a bit which messed her up mentally... We watch starwars and jurassic park/world. For the most part we're ok with that but yah, I would consider that list brutal
Sorry about your mom's experience, that's rough. Hey, Star Wars isn't my thing, but lots of people love it! And the OG Jurassic Park has been one of my favourite films since it came out.

Whoops, sorry for straying so wildly off-topic in your thread, @Wills ! Although I still think you should see the film, Wills. :)
Also please let me know how the fish respond to the repashy when you've got the hang of it, it's one of those foods you hear rave reviews other, but I haven't tried it out yet.

Sorry about your mom's experience, that's rough. Hey, Star Wars isn't my thing, but lots of people love it! And the OG Jurassic Park has been one of my favourite films since it came out.

Whoops, sorry for straying so wildly off-topic in your thread, @Wills ! Although I still think you should see the film, Wills. :)
Also please let me know how the fish respond to the repashy when you've got the hang of it, it's one of those foods you hear rave reviews other, but I haven't tried it out yet.
Yah, she doesn't talk about it much but I can only imagine what happened... I know what mortars sound like and fireworks freak my mom out as well as any gunfire. Makes my mom get really stressed out and nervous.
We watch many other movies as well I just picked those to show you what violence we watch and "accept"...

Sorry @Wills! We were not trying to thread jack, just chatting lol

if you have watched chainsaw massacre, the walking dead, halloween ,...then you would think this is mild in comparison

Can pests piggyback in repashy? Been wondering this and since this thread is active figured I’d ask if anyone knew.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back