Repashy Soilent Green

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Repashy might be good,so is Wardleys version..and mine for beefheart. If yours didn't gel,just pour it all into the blender and add more gell and a tad of water.

SomethingsFishy24

Fish Crazy
Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
I am late to the party, I mix mine 1:2. 16 tablespoons of rapashy to 2 cups boiling water. Mine sets pretty quickly. I whisk it in a bowl quickly and pour off into mini ice cube trays. Within 10 minutes I run a card across the tray to scrape off the over pour, pop them from the tray and put one weeks worth in the fridge and I freeze the rest.

SomethingsFishy24

Fish Crazy
Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
Can pests piggyback in repashy? Been wondering this and since this thread is active figured I’d ask if anyone knew.
I have used it for years without any trouble. With that said, anything is possible, single celled organisms can be quite tenacious. The chances of a parasitic protozoan hitchhiking in Rapashy is improbable, but not entirely impossible.

TwoTankAmin

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I consider Rapashy to be one of the best foods available. I breed the B&W Hypans and I feed them Repashy (I mix diffdrent kinds together).

Depending on the specific food I alter the ratios of dry to water. The Spawn & Grow tends to come out more juicy, so I mex it at a lower water ratio. The Bottom Scratcher and the the Igapo I am closer to the 2-1.

I am feeding this stuff to plecos and corys. Baby plecos need veggies in their diet, So I mix 80% of the S&G and BS with 20% Soilent Green. It is great for all ages this way.

I also feed a lot of frozen. The one type of food I try to limit to about 15% of feeding are commercial foods. I mostly feed the other two. Live foods are the best, but I do not have the time or space to do them, so I relyy on the frozen and Repashy. I have more tanks and more fish spawning than the average fish keeper. Right now the number is 26. I can feed them all in under 10 minutes using commercial foods. It takes about 20-25 minutes to feed them all frozen and even longer to feed the Repashy. I mix it in caseraole containers and when it gels i cut it into blocks/ Most gets frozen. I cut the blucks into small slices and spread them around tanks when I feed. My goal is tho minimize fights over food.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online