Repashy food - opinions?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Wills

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Been a while since I’ve had fish as some of you will know so been trying to understand what the good foods are now and came across a brand called repashy. Looks like good stuff but wondered if anyone used it and had an opinion? Good or bad?

Wills

never got this before, ill get some if there's good reviews on this thread :D

Not sure on that. I believe they sell Omega Oneand Fluval Bug Bites over there?

If so, I would go with Omega One Tropical Flakes and Fluval Bug Bites. Both are excellent food and my schooling fish are flourishing from it.

Ellrog has always recommended to me but ive just never got round to it! Fluval bug bites has been doing the trick up to now. If I did get repashy I think itd be the soilent green one to cover the greenery side of things (spirulina mainly).

Frankly (and not looking to create a firestorm) I think it's a bit of a gimmick. There are good ingredients, but I can't help but wonder if those ingredients in a gelatin mix is really worth the effort. I mean, why not just feed high quality foods along with frozen and/or live cultured foods? Just my $.02 so for what it's worth.

I've heard it works quite well with most fish, but the smell while preparing it can be quite off-putting....

Ellrog has always recommended to me but ive just never got round to it! Fluval bug bites has been doing the trick up to now. If I did get repashy I think itd be the soilent green one to cover the greenery side of things (spirulina mainly).

Thats the one I was looking at for my new Gobies :) was wondering if I'd need an other pellet from them or something too but sounds like the bug bites are a good bet.

Frankly (and not looking to create a firestorm) I think it's a bit of a gimmick. There are good ingredients, but I can't help but wonder if those ingredients in a gelatin mix is really worth the effort. I mean, why not just feed high quality foods along with frozen and/or live cultured foods? Just my $.02 so for what it's worth

The thing for me is convenience :) one of their foods gets recommended for a niche type of feeder so think its worth it for this. Otherwise yep would be looking at good quality foods like the ones recommended here :) Do you have any prefered brands or do your prepare all of yours?

Wills

Do you have any prefered brands or do your prepare all of yours?
These days there are many high quality commercial fish foods on the market. For a deep dive into several, here's a link to an article I first wrote for our club (Central New York Aquarium Society) newsletter, the Reflector, entitled Commercial Fish Foods.
I tend to mix Omega One Tropical Flakes with Tetramin Tropical Flakes and often a 3rd high quality commercial food. This in conjunction with live white worms, daphnia (both that I culture) and mosquito larvae when in season.

These days there are many high quality commercial fish foods on the market. For a deep dive into several, here's a link to an article I first wrote for our club (Central New York Aquarium Society) newsletter, the Reflector, entitled Commercial Fish Foods.
I tend to mix Omega One Tropical Flakes with Tetramin Tropical Flakes and often a 3rd high quality commercial food. This in conjunction with live white worms, daphnia (both that I culture) and mosquito larvae when in season.
This is perfect! Thankyou so much! Amazing levels of research to contact all the brands too.

Wills

@Wills just tried the Repashy (soilent green) and it appears to be a hit with the fish.

Very simple to make up. I just made a very small amount to test it.

Boiled the kettle. Spooned a tablespoon of repashy powder into a cup. Spooned 2 tablespoons of hot water in and stirred. Then poured evenly into 4 ice cube tray compartments. It sets within minutes and just needs 5 mins in the fridge to cool before use.

Got it for the hillstream loach originally but theres no way theyre going to get near it by the looks of it!

@Wills just tried the Repashy (soilent green) and it appears to be a hit with the fish.

Very simple to make up. I just made a very small amount to test it.

Boiled the kettle. Spooned a tablespoon of repashy powder into a cup. Spooned 2 tablespoons of hot water in and stirred. Then poured evenly into 4 ice cube tray compartments. It sets within minutes and just needs 5 mins in the fridge to cool before use.

Got it for the hillstream loach originally but theres no way theyre going to get near it by the looks of it!

Wow looks really good! Can you make a bunch in advance or is it just one per meal time?

Wills

Wow looks really good! Can you make a bunch in advance or is it just one per meal time?

Wills
Yeh you can make plenty of it and keep it either in the fridge (2 weeks) or freezer (6 months)

Repashy have some excellent foods, some of the best I've fed tbh. Fish go nuts for the stuff, including my gobies.

Yeh you can make plenty of it and keep it either in the fridge (2 weeks) or freezer (6 months)
Ah perfect! I'll get some ordered.
Repashy have some excellent foods, some of the best I've fed tbh. Fish go nuts for the stuff, including my gobies.
Thats great to hear - what Gobies do you have?

Wills

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back