Rena Xp2 Water / Electric Wire Bang?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

shadow1200

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I bought a 300 - 400 L tank ( cheap ) everything was fine but the quick discount i tried two push it down but wouldn't go down. so i pulled it back up and it clicked. i Then worked out i might of broke it.
The pump pumps fine when i set it up it pumps fine for 20 - 30 mins but then water starts cumming out of the electric wire hole. it runs down the electric wire. it is only a drip but the wire is wet .
the black thing were the inlet and outlet pipes goes into is broke i think.
Has any 1 had this problem be for ?
I have put a internal pump into the tank but is not doing very well it only sucks up 1 side of the tank so on the other side algi is starting to come.

Heard this is a common problem with xp1 / xp2 / Xp3

This is what i think has gone
http://www.fishandfins.co.uk/images/collector-rena.jpg

I have a Rena xp but have not had this problem. Sounds like a seal is damaged? May not be necessary anything that you've done.

I would be very cautious if there is water on the wire and would probably replace it just for safety purposes.

Sorry I cant help any further.

I have a Rena xp but have not had this problem. Sounds like a seal is damaged? May not be necessary anything that you've done.

I would be very cautious if there is water on the wire and would probably replace it just for safety purposes.

Sorry I cant help any further.

I have checked the seals and they are all fine. I have rang rena up it cost me a bomb on the phone..
But they said its the part i have shown.

I have all algie growing in my tank now because im using a internal filter ...
and not my external one

Was gonna say if any 1 can buy the part cheaper than 15 pound posted id be happy to buy.

Here is a link to the rena xp instruction manual. Rena xp Manual

At the bottom of the instructions there is a trouble shouting section which has a part about water leaking from where the power cable is

Hope you get it sorted

Here is a link to the rena xp instruction manual. Rena xp Manual

At the bottom of the instructions there is a trouble shouting section which has a part about water leaking from where the power cable is

Hope you get it sorted
Thanks . been looking every were for this Thanks

Just a quick update.
I raised the filter higher and it ran for half a hour with out it leaking any were . i was very happy. i then turned it off and went out i come back and put it lower ( in the cabernet that came with the tank which has rena on it ) i put the filter in the curbord and it leaked every were now my living room flour is soaked.
I have a feeling that the quick disconnect it broke and when i put the filter in a high place it has less work to do . if i put it lower on the flour it will have loads of work to do and put the system under stress and pressure then it leaks ..
My advice is never to buy a rena xp :angry:

http://www.gardenandleisure.com/products/rena_aqualife_panorama120.html

That is my tank if you look at the curbord on the left i put the filter in there in a bucket and it leaked it filled the bucket up with in a few seconds

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back