Remz Is Back

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ReMz

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Seeing as I've made an impromptu visit to the forums and have been caught...

Might as well make a fun thread in the betta section about it! :hyper: :fun:

Nobody wants to hear about my boring collegiate career and how I've been super busy crashing wallstreet ( ;) ) .... so I've decided a new betta might be in the works for a community topic.

Bandit says: "no... plz no more fishies. I can swim too!"

hmmm..... sry Bandit!

I vote new tank, new betta, new decor, and new plants. And I want everyone's ideas, pics, suggestions, on how the tank is set up and what sort of betta I pick!

Lets start with this sorry thing sitting in my closet:

Only constraints:
- It's a 5g BETTA ONLY setup
- White gravel will be the base (already have it and im not blowing money on gravel).... I MAY be coerced out of it
- Prefer natural planted/driftwood (i have some driftwood laying around).... but open to ideas
- Betta will be store bought from small LFS (mostly VT). May be coerced to buy a rescue if I see something either stunning or in need of major help

Will be taking pics and documenting as I go. I want this to be an interactive tank build. :)

And just for fun, my 55g community tank (waiting for plants to take off):

Hey! That's my 5 gal tank! :p

Your 55gal looks lovely. If I were you I'd ditch the Whisper canister filter in exchange for a HOB filter- That's what I ended up doing with mine and haven't regretted it for a moment. Also I'd paint the back black. Maybe add a terracotta pot?

Excited to see how this goes for you! So so so glad to see you back on the forum :)

no idea about how to give you advice. your tanks are always great!
cant wait to see how it turns out.
cheers

Coming up on three years down the road and the 55 gallon is still in action.... Though with hardly any water changes due to plants!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hiya!
yes.gif

Morphkid03 said:
If I were you I'd ditch the Whisper canister filter in exchange for a HOB filter- That's what I ended up doing with mine and haven't regretted it for a moment. 

Just out of curiosity really can you clarify why a HOB is better than a canister filter. 

Ch4rlie said:

If I were you I'd ditch the Whisper canister filter in exchange for a HOB filter- That's what I ended up doing with mine and haven't regretted it for a moment. 

Just out of curiosity really can you clarify why a HOB is better than a canister filter. 

I did not post this but.... I can justify a HOB:

Ease of maintenence. Java moss has fowled every filter I have owned, and canister filter is a ***** to clean out. I have taken apart the entire pump to clear out debris.

HOB.. (especially new models) circualte a lot of water. Pop out the filter media and rinse.. done.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back