Remove shell dwellers from shells?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

connorlindeman

Addicted to aquatic plants
5x Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Ive got my 4 shell dwellers in a 5 gallon bucker right now but they are all in their shells. I need to clean the shells. How can I make them come out?

Leave them alone. Put them back. Don't stress your fish. They will clean the shells if they want to.
Ive got cyanobacteria on the shells that I wanted to clean off. I'm replacing the sand and trying to get rid of it. I guess I can clean it as much as possible with them in it...

Hey I had a shelldweller die by drying when I removed the shells, dropped them, rinsed them and did everything in order to get them out of their shells. Do be careful. Once you have an african tank, get used to algae and don't stress. It doesn't hurt the fish and thus it is just esthetics

Hey I had a shelldweller die by drying when I removed the shells, dropped them, rinsed them and did everything in order to get them out of their shells. Do be careful. Once you have an african tank, get used to algae and don't stress. It doesn't hurt the fish and thus it is just esthetics
I decided to just leave them and clean the shells as much as possible.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back