🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Aussie_Bristle

Fish Herder
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Hi all

Hope you’re all well?!

Now I’ve had 2 algae eaters for a while with no problems. But tonight I saw the 2 out at feeding time and they were showing aggression towards each other. So my question is, how can I remove these guys safely? They are so darn quick but I want to move them on before the aggression escalates towards the others

With a big net. Is the tank heavily planted?

You may have to bait them, out with food, then try to catch one.

I know that you can buy little Tao things that you put food in then when you see the fish you want in the tank it closes a door and releases twelfths from the tank wall making it float to the surface I have inserted a picture of one that looks similar to the one that I am talking about I think you can DIY them as well
98D74F84-2631-48A4-A22F-E37C0F9D5334.jpeg

I do something the same. Use the largest net you have, and place it at an angle against the front glass close to either corner (depends upon your left/right hand dexterity which corner). Hold the net motionless with one hand. Use your other hand to get "behind" the fish and herd it to that end of the tank and along the side glass to the front, then along the front into the stationery net. I prefer using my hand to do the herding rather than a net because the net will get snagged on plants, but your hand can maneuver around.

Thank you all, I will try again with the big net and my hand. The little buggers are so quick that’s the only problems and hide out in the plants etc

Thank you all, I will try again with the big net and my hand. The little buggers are so quick that’s the only problems and hide out in the plants etc
Try catching a lone zebra danio in a heavily planted 29g tank, lol. :rofl:

Anyway, good luck!

So after 2 hrs and destroying my tank I managed to get both of the little buggers out. One was easy and swam straight into the net, it was the 2nd one that took me for a tank ride

Most reactions

Back