Redecorated the toad habitat

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yah, you and your sister almost look identical... I wonder how your toads recognize you? I mean you look different from your sister obviously but animals like frogs don't really have the intelligence of a human... So I wonder if there is anyway besides sight that it knows you by.
I wonder if toads can smell slight things like dogs, or maybe hear differences with each of you.
Just as a comparison I got my sister to put on the same shirt as me guess who is who XD She’s looking at me all weird because I had a tic (not the bug) and it scared her and I just continued trying to take today but now that even acknowledging XD
414ACEC4-D93B-45ED-86C3-3FDF344DE3FD.png

Just as a comparison I got my sister to put on the same shirt as me guess who is who XD She’s looking at me all weird because I had a tic (not the bug) and it scared her and I just continued trying to take today but now that even acknowledging XD View attachment 161345
Wooooow! You guys look identical! That's really crazy!
Rocky chill she's like 16.
What? What are you talking about by saying "chill"? Lol
Even worse. Calm down Rocky lmao.
???

Er, you do realize Rocky is also a teenager? As am I? You’re basically arguing with kids over something that people have moved on from. Your insinuation in posts like the one I am replying to is rather inappropriate.
Kids can get over stuff faster than adults... Heck, adults will keep future generations of families arguing lol.

I also dont understand why she asked me to calm down?? I thought I was calm?

Er, you do realize Rocky is also a teenager? As am I? You’re basically arguing with kids over something that people have moved on from. Your insinuation in posts like the one I am replying to is rather inappropriate.
And yup, I'm 16 and still growing!... So... I'm talking to @Lemon as a teen as well 😅

I can safely say, this was a very interesting read

Came here to enjoy the toad habitat

Enjoyed an internet debate along the way 😄

Yes you're all teens chatting with each other, but this is an open forum, with far more lurkers than contributing members. Old threads also often appear when people search for care requirements of different species, so whatever you may think of her approach, her concern for giving accurate care advice is absolutely appropriate.
Well unless she specifies I can only take her at her word. Which is a questionable word at that. They are hardy but that's not the point. I just don't understand why some would be so blasé with giving care recommendations since the life the an amphibian or any other pet is at stake. That's why I took it more literally. Especially since she was unaware that toads adore dark caves which is something that seemed to surprise her. That's basic care. Provide dark, moist hiding places for them.
Precisely. We have to correct bad care advice when we see it, not just for the poster concerned, but for anyone else reading along or who happens to find the thread later.
You can calmly state that someone may have misstated something, however you kind of came at Lemon like you thought she didn’t know anything. All she wanted was to show how she redecorated the tank. (For the record @Lemon i think it looks lovely!)

Even if she only wanted to show the tank (which @Valkyrie_Lips did compliment! Along with adding a suggestion) care advice did then come into it.
I also didn’t want to say/mention all of these specifics in a open forum because it would take up the room for people who were actually commenting on what the post was originally about.
See what I said about it being an open forum above. This isn't a private chat among you teens, it's on the open forum where people see advice and run with it.
So basically @Valkyrie_Lips, she was exaggerating in the beginning... Like I thought she was. Sometimes you can't take everything with an over 50% assurance that they are being serious.
When talking about the care of living creatures, most of us are going to err on the side of caution since that's in the best welfare interests of the animals.

I'd be interested in @Herpin Man 's thoughts on the care requirements for American toads.

When talking about the care of living creatures, most of us are going to err on the side of caution since that's in the best welfare interests of the animals.

I'd be interested in @Herpin Man 's thoughts on the care requirements for American toads.
That makes sense but its all about how you read a post. Right when she said: "And clean the cage once a year"... Obvious exaggerative joke, so I didnt take the feeding seriously as well. Its just one of those things you can see but some people are so serious they dont SEE it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back