Red Tailed Catfish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I wouldn't want to keep one. They get over 4 feet long so I can only imagine the size of tank and amount of food required to keep one of them healthy. I'm afraid if someone actually has pics of one in a tank :crazy: .... unless the tank is like over 1000 gallons.

My local MA have one in their 5000l ish tank with several other tankbusters. Very nice fish

oh i know all about their size and that but i find that predatory catfish have a sense of power but at the same time their beautiful fish :drool:

You are right, they are stunning. I would love to convert a basement to an aquarium one day and get a RTC, a Giant Gourami, some Black Pacu and some other nice big fish, maybe a TSN or two :good:

They are nice when adults but if I had a suitable tank there are other fish I'd rather keep.

I wouldn't want to keep one. They get over 4 feet long so I can only imagine the size of tank and amount of food required to keep one of them healthy. I'm afraid if someone actually has pics of one in a tank :crazy: .... unless the tank is like over 1000 gallons.
Me and my boyfriend want to get a huge tank and one of the red tailed catfish one day so we can feed it a steady diet of small misbehaving children.

I thought it was a pretty good idea. :good:

Me and my boyfriend want to get a huge tank and one of the red tailed catfish one day so we can feed it a steady diet of small misbehaving children.

I have some nephews and nieces I can volunteer for lunch time duties.

Just like Goliath Tigerfish (as shown on the series "River Monsters"), Pangasius Catfish and other huge fish, these Red Tails are a species to be admired from considerate filming of them in their natural habitat rather than in an often unsuitably small tank.

Well there are no shortage of those around....(small misbehaving children)...lol

I have several, see pictures below.

DSC_0080pp-1.jpg

DSC_0060pp.jpg

Ok that is a lie, these were taken at a public aquarium in Dubai last week. However they illustrate the issue with keeping these monsters, I reckon the one in the photo on it's own was at least 4 feet long and built like a tank.

Whos tank is that Minnnt? It looks like the 6 (or maybe 8) foot version of my tank. Lovely looking RTC, but I bet it got bored easily in there lol

Most reactions

trending

Back