red tail shark is a bully

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bruce44

Reaction score
i've got 2 bala sharks one red tail shark and some other fish. All the fish get along fine, but when its feeding time its another story. The red tail shark chases the bala sharks for ages. One of my bala sharks seems kinda thin compared to the other one. I reckon it seems kinda stressed cause sometimes when it gets chased it just stays in a corner.

Last night i had a look at it was lying on its side, I thought it was dead but it turned upright and was swiming about . This is kinda worrying though he looks fine only kinda skinny. Is that a method of sleep line clown loaches?

today i looked and it was fine but dont know if that means if it will be ok in the future.

thanks

I got this advice from someone that really knows my bala shark was thin and didnt seem to be growing any and he told me to get him some frozen bloodworms and give to him so I did and now just for the record the one that was little has got bigger than the other one now. So they really do work for what it is worth. as for your redtail that is his nature I have one and the other fish got use to him I bought him when he was a little baby but he has growed a lot and he is a little devil.

sleeping on their side is very characteristic of clown loaches but not at all like a bala shark. as far as your RTS goes they are a very aggressive fish and that behaivior is very common from them. I would get another bala or 2 if your tank size will allow. balas are really happiest in groups.

its only at feeding time it chases the bala sharks, i think they r starting to becomnig a problem. i should get 1 more bala shark but room will be a problem later..

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back