Red Swamp Crayfish and Electric Blue Crayfish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ScoutCarcer

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I need some information on Red Swamp Crayfish and Electric Blue Crayfish. Two questions that I need answers to are Do they get along and How big do they get?

I know nothing about the subject, but if you need answers right away, why not try a google search, or better yet, search the archives of this site. The archives are full of good information, just waiting for someone like youto find them. (to clear up any possible confusion, by this I mean someone looking for information on a specific subejct)

Do you know the scientific name of these two species? It saves confusion with crayfish due to more than one species sometimes having the same common name.

Are they Procambarus Alleni and Procambarus clarkii? If so they both get up to about 20cm though Alleni are often smaller, personally I wouldn't keep different species together.

Hope this helps :)

Hey there,

I would not mix Clarkii's and Alleni's. The Clarkii's tend to get a tad bigger and also are more aggressive. They also will climb more than Alleni's, though that I suppose isn't a reason to keep them together. Some people have even breed the two together I've heard, but I bet they just had them together for brief periods for mating.

Thanks Wiggler, glad to see I was able to help you out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back