April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Funkyfishgorl

Reaction score
If anyone has any ideas on what this may be it would be hugely appreciated.
Please find pictures below. The red streaks were present when I purchased her, I thought it was part of her colouring as it was one streak by each gill but have now noticed a second streak on each side - again appearing identical in shape and position. The cuts are bright red and look as if they could be damage to scales.
Iā€™m finding it really hard to identify if itā€™s damage from fighting or a disease and if so which one. Iā€™ve researched bacterial septicemia (red streaks) or velvet which seem like possibilities. Does anyone have experience with these and can help identify?
I would really appreciate any help trying to identify what these marks on my female Betta are. Thank you and sorry for the any issues with the quality of the pictures - itā€™s very hard to focus/catch them in time.

Attachments

• 51873E1C-2DC6-4F74-9FE1-4FFBEB6BDEC4.png
    51873E1C-2DC6-4F74-9FE1-4FFBEB6BDEC4.png
    445.5 KB · Views: 194
  • 8890E1F5-784F-4AE8-A5B9-1EE2B2F05DEF.jpeg
    8890E1F5-784F-4AE8-A5B9-1EE2B2F05DEF.jpeg
    231.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 8BF9C137-441A-4742-A40B-DE1274E41863.jpeg
    8BF9C137-441A-4742-A40B-DE1274E41863.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
How long have you had it? If not long, I would take her back. What size tank is she in and did you cycle it? What are the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate readings?

How long have you had it? If not long, I would take her back. What size tank is she in and did you cycle it? What are the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate readings?
Sorry for the delay in my response, I replied yesterday but the wrong way.

Iā€™ve had her for a month now so cannot take her back. In the first week I had ammonia/nitrite issues and spent 7-10 days doing water changes and dosing with prime. Could this be the aftermath of the high nitrite levels? My tank has been stable at 0 nitrite and ammonia for three weeks now with nitrates of 10-20 (my tap water is 30ppm so after a water change itā€™s always much higher. The tank size is 60litres.
Thank you so much for your help.

Could possibly be. You can give her a bath in methylene blue. It helps with such things. Keep her water extra clean and watch your parameters.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back