Red Plants

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

This may very well be. However, most good high end plant lights have red lights as well. It doesn't sound like yours has red.

Neither does mine and it's growing my plants, but I am also growing low lighting, easy to grow plants. Maybe for your higher lighting setup maybe you would need red?

I could be wrong here so get some input from others.

Yeah no red your right. Iā€™m not likely to go high end to be fair. My main focus is going to be some nice discus but I do want a natural backdrop to them. Iā€™m happy with plants that donā€™t demand too much providing they colour and grow well to give a nice natural feel to tank.

Generally is forums where highlight light CO2 tanks dominate the discussions. color is mainly dependent on the nutrient and light levels. Som plants have better color with low nitrate levels with most of the nitrogen needed coming from urea which is produced by fish or synthetic urea can be added. Many people assume iron is needed because Iron oxide is red. But the red color in plants doesn't come from iron. And many aquarist have not found iron helpful in getting red plants.

Most reactions

trending

Back