Red Nosed Corey

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

t..j

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
can anyone advise me as one of my peppard coreys has a little red mark at the front of his face round about the nose area(if they av noses that is). -_- he seems ok swiming around as normal and eating.he looks ok other than this red mark.i dont know whether to be alarmed or what.i have had them about 2 1/2 months now they have been fine up untill i noticed this mark.please can any one help me cos i dont want to loose him.thanks :unsure:

Hi t..j :)

It's most likely that your cory has a bacterial infection. This is usually caused by stressful conditions in the tank that can also effect your other fish. Since they live on the bottom where all the dirt accumulates, corys are often the first to show symptoms. In advanced cases, that red spot could develop to the point where his barbels become eroded and/or he dies.

Let me direct you to another thread where I explained the causes and what can be done to cure it. The same information would apply to your tank. Before beginning treatment, please be sure to do a good water change and bottom vacuuming.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=154811

Good luck with curing him. Please let us know how things turn out.

thanks for that reply inchworm :D
i thought i was never gonna get an answer.i did a water change on friday and the only treatment that i have is interpet 9,will that do?i have plenty of water circulation around, my filter does plenty and i have an air stone,so can i start treatment know or shall i do another water change first?thanks again :unsure:

i added the meds yesterday and today he seems alot better the reddish colour has now turned pale pink,so i think he is on the road to recovery.he looks great today,alot more active :) thanks for the help and advice inchworm :thanks:

Hi t..j :)

I'm glad to hear he's doing better. :nod: Keep up the good work and be sure not to stop treatment too soon. :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back