Red marks on fish?? please help :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jijifish

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to looking after fish and I've been looking after my friend's fish because they're gone for a while.

I asked the owner for advice and they have no clue.

The fish have red spots/marks on their skin, either on their mouth, tail, body or gills. Only some of the fish have red spots, some don't. They have been eating and swimming normally.

Before, one of the fish had a red mark on its skin and I was told by the owner to use the anti parasite solution. After using it several times like the owner said because there was an ongoing parasite solution, I realised that the rest of the fish have red marks on their skin as well? is this because the disease is spreading? I don't really know.

Since then, I have done a couple of water changes and stopped giving medicine when I realised what was happening. But the red marks are still there and I have no clue.

I've attached some photos.

Any lead or any possible solutions will be very helpful! Thank you :)

Attachments

• 20221025_101104.jpg
    20221025_101104.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 46
Hi, I'm new to looking after fish and I've been looking after my friend's fish because they're gone for a while.

I asked the owner for advice and they have no clue.

The fish have red spots/marks on their skin, either on their mouth, tail, body or gills. Only some of the fish have red spots, some don't. They have been eating and swimming normally.

Before, one of the fish had a red mark on its skin and I was told by the owner to use the anti parasite solution. After using it several times like the owner said because there was an ongoing parasite solution, I realised that the rest of the fish have red marks on their skin as well? is this because the disease is spreading? I don't really know.

Since then, I have done a couple of water changes and stopped giving medicine when I realised what was happening. But the red marks are still there and I have no clue.

I've attached some photos.

Any lead or any possible solutions will be very helpful! Thank you :)
it could be ammonia spike that's the only thing i can think of just do water changes but if you've done some that's good. i don't know what else it would be but wait for other people to reply.

Most reactions

Back