Red line on Black Skirt Tetra

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

KarenW

Reaction score
A couple of months ago, I noticed a red spot on the tail of a black skirt tetra, this has since turned into 1/8" red line on his tail. None of the other fish have anything like that. He otherwise seems to be in good health for the last couple of months. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

What are you water test kit levels? Also a photo will help us diagnose anything.

It is more white than red now, but the first couple of months, it was bright red. My water is all on point!

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 72
Thank you for any help

Attachments

• fish2.jpg
    fish2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 52
On point can mean any number of things, to different people. did you test it yourself or have your pet store test it for you? :)

need a clearer picture to be more accurate but it looks like an infection.

try a broad spectrum fish medication that treats, fungus, bacteria and protozoans. alternatively, leave it and when the fish gets worse, euthanise it.

I go to PetSmart monthly to have it checked.
Petsmart people will usually not tell you the exact numbers, and don't usually know what those numbers mean

if you get the water tested, the shop should have a colour chart with numbers on and you need to write the numbers down and post them here. we know what the numbers mean and can explain it to you.

If getting the general hardness(GH) or carbonate hardness (KH) tested, you should ask the shop what the test results are in too (eg: ppm, dGH).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back