Red Head Tapajo

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

came home to a good sight in the main tank...

3rd%20spawn.jpg

its their 3rd spawn - they have decided to try a different spawning site this time...

Any luck with the last spawn bud ?
Hopefully we'll get some fry this time ;)

came home to a good sight in the main tank...

3rd%20spawn.jpg

its their 3rd spawn - they have decided to try a different spawning site this time...

Any luck with the last spawn bud ?
Hopefully we'll get some fry this time ;)

They are still holding... (they are mouth brooders)

They guarded the eggs for 2 days and then gathered them up and have been holding them since...

Keeping an eye, but I don't think we will get fry as the tank has too many fish that will eat them despite the adults trying to defend them...

I know a fish shop in the Manchester area (near the M60) that should be getting a batch in on Wednesday :hey: ...

Saw some juveniles today around 1.5 inches for £30 each or three for £80. Nice looking fish but very pricey :sad:

I have young red head geophagus tapajos for sale guys. Raised properly loads of food and water changes and parents are top quality. Youngsters are in top health and eat anything...including my fingers ;)

Heres 2 of the adults I have

female with eggs
j.jpg

male
j2-1.jpg

These are what I have for sale

t.jpg

I will try and get a close up of some later on. they look rather boring from that pic but they are really starting to mature and colour up, they look good. They are at about 3 inch total length. £5 each or 6 for £25. Delivery is possible to uk mainland which would cost about £12 but would prefere collection from Radlett, Hertfordshire. Viewings are also welcome.

Cheers James

That is more like it, I nearly fainted yesterday when I saw the other price. Now I just have to get another big tank :hey:

Most reactions

Back