Red Flame Goruami? Still No Conclusion......(one More Pic)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
holy crap! good one ! that's pretty close!

as for pics got some good ones!!!

RFG5.jpg

RFG6.jpg

RFG7.jpg

RFG8.jpg

RFG9.jpg

The color is COMPLETELY off for a three-spot :p But it could be dyed (does it look like it might be? Can't tellf rom teh pics).

The only other idea I have at the moment is that it's a honey of the red variety: http://www.fishpondinfo.com/honey2.jpg But to be honest, only the color vaguely matches - the shape's off. Also, the tail seems to be 'speckled' - are allt eh fins like that? That's typical of a trichogaster trichopterus again.

I'm not shure but I'll come back to this tommorow and see if anyone's come up with anything else :p

BTW, is the tail forked/scissor-shaped? It looks like that in a few pics.

no not a honey....... it's way off.... it's got to be a trichogaster trichopterus because that last link that you sent me was almost perfect..... except for the color......lol! ugh this is a tough fishie.... yeah as for the fins all speckled.... and yet another common trait of the T.T.

Yep, the color is weird lol. It's very strange for a three-spot but I realy think that's it. Does it look dyed? You see, it doesn't actualy look dyed to me - but it could be the pics. Were there others like it? Perhaps it could even be a new color morph... in which case I'm shure we'll be seeing more soon enough :p

BTW, Nelly, while the color looks a bit like a kisser and the shape could pass of as one as well, it can't be one because kissers lack the modified, thread-like ventral 'feelers' that this gourami has :)

It doesn't look dyed, and that is part of the reason i bought it. a very nice color (in person that is ....not nessesarily through the pics lol) but i am REALLY against the dyeing and to be honest the colors are very well distributed and seem to flow very nice which led me to belive it was not a dye because the dyed fish often have just one spot of color that fades through the body. Also the fins are colored in 2 seperate shades of red/orange and pink. which also is not nessesarily a dye because the spots are of the same color of the fish..... i cannot imagine someone dyeing a fish, then the fins, then sopts on the fins in a different shade...... i would guess it's a new color morph, and in the case that it is...... I HIGHLY reccomend this fish. it is the most easy going goraumi i have kept yet, no fin nipping or chasing, and also the colors are great. but i will look into it more and get back to you guys on that!

The colors are much more vibrant then you see here

anything else??? anyone heard of any new color morphs??

Maybe a little late, but it almost resembles a pink-kissing gorumi?

The fish is undoubtedly a trichogaster trichopterus colour morph & from the photos it does appear dyed.

Other gourami species are getting dyed so I'd be surprised if this one wasn't.

It's quieter demeanor could be a sign of stress or illness.

In some of the photos it even looks like pink hatchetfish, or some large tetra.
Are you sure its even a gourmis?

Look at earlier pictures of this fish - you can see the ventral fins are long and thread-like. It is deffinately a gourami and cannot be a kissing gourami because kissers don't have elongated ventrals. Look: http://users.tkk.fi/~mputkone/aquarium/Gour01.jpg - normal ventrals.

BTW, being docile at the moment doesn't necessarily mean the fish is ill - you can clearly see that it's a youngster and it's smaller than the other gourami I see in there. It would not be the dominant fish and, having not quite reached the peak of sexual maturity, won't be aggressive.

The color still intruigues me though.

I agree with sylvia. it is Defenatley a gourami, and not a kisser. because they were in the tank above this little guy. also as for health it is fine from what i can see, the coment was simply that it was very non agressive to the other fish in my tank in comparison to some of the others that i have had in the past. I have had one honey goruami that at 1.5inches likes to attack my 8 inch dojo loach and my 4 inch shark..... a brave fish we will say..... but that is why i borught that up. and yes i am aware that it is still only young and it may became agressive but thank you for your consern, I will keep my eye on him.....

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back