Red Claw Crab Set Up (need Examples)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Luke_e

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi, i was wondering if people would be able to post up examples of their Red Claw Crab set ups as i'm struggling for inspiration and examples would be greatly appreciated as still researching them at the moment so trying my best to plan ahead.
Thanks!

They need to have a place to get above the water line. A piece of driftwood works well for this. Oh, and they're escape artists. lol Look up some care sheets on google and if i remember correctly, a few had photos of tank setups for them.

2707017635_5346d70159_m.jpg

here's a pic of my RCC, I have two and used to have a nice bit of driftwood that they could get out and sit on, but they started fighting after one molted, so i had to put a bit of glass in the middle. They now have a fake log and a castle, which allow them both to get out of the water. They now face off in the middle of the tank occasionally. :D

Mine really enjoy cucumber, half a prawn once a fortnight and dried worm food. One crab has lost a few limbs but have recovered in the next molt, also had one die during a molt. They seem much happier now they're separated to be honest and i don't have any other fish in there. As i only have a small tank - about 5 inches of water, i change about 2 inches every week or sometimes every other and a complete change every 5 weeks or so depending on how dirty it looks. It is filtered and i have air bubble brick thing in there as well.

i think they're very tolerant of conditions really, a bit of aquarium salt will help

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back