Red cherry shrimp help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just tested my nitrates with the api master test kit. It looks like 0, maybe slightly darker but not even anywhere near 5ppm. Made sure to shake it all properly too

Just tested my nitrates with the api master test kit. It looks like 0, maybe slightly darker but not even anywhere near 5ppm. Made sure to shake it all properly too

That seems fine. But others know better than me :)
What about nitrites?

Of course it may be nothing to worry about. I originally bought 10 and 3 died in the first week. Shrimp get stressed from moving just like fish do. I have over 200 today.

Ok so the water board information says my water is 115.4 ppm as calcium, and 288.5 as calcium carbonate
mg/litre calcium carbonate is the same as ppm, so your GH is 288.5 ppm, which converts to 16 dH. You have hard water, but not too hard for cherry shrimps.

All the cherry shrimps I bought died, most of them with a white line across their backs. The last one was a berried female and after she died I found lots of newly hatched babies, most of which survived. I have no idea why the shop bought shrimps died while the ones that hatched in my tank survived.

mg/litre calcium carbonate is the same as ppm, so your GH is 288.5 ppm, which converts to 16 dH. You have hard water, but not too hard for cherry shrimps.

All the cherry shrimps I bought died, most of them with a white line across their backs. The last one was a berried female and after she died I found lots of newly hatched babies, most of which survived. I have no idea why the shop bought shrimps died while the ones that hatched in my tank survived.
Ok, thank you for your help!! Glad to know my water isn’t the problem, I was very confused about the numbers. Yeah that’s what I’m worried about, it happening to the rest. I have no idea because they could just be hidden.

Of course it may be nothing to worry about. I originally bought 10 and 3 died in the first week. Shrimp get stressed from moving just like fish do. I have over 200 today.
Ok, thank you. Hopefully that’s the case and I’d love to end up with loads!

Seems fine to me. Also I think your water changes are fine. Is there anything else that could be causing the problem?
Maybe the others will help. :)
Not sure, I’ve never seen them eat but not sure how nutrition affects it. Glad my water changes are fine, I love how low maintenance it is. Thank you

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back