Red Cherry Shrimp - Bioload

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Merrimack

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 20 gallon community tank that is capacity. I would really like to add some additional color. Does anybody know if the bioload of - say 20 Red Cherry Shrimp would be detrimental. Currently, tank is populated with a Nanu Cory, 6 Cardinal Tetras and 6 Red Eye Tetras.

Shrimp have very small bioloads. They eat the other fishes poop and uneaten food, and in return, poop very little. They are great for a cleanup crew. As for having 20, I think that that is a lot. What are the dimensions of your tank? May be you should go with 10. Keep in mind that if you keep them happy, they will breed like crazy.

I have red eyed tetras and they do go after shrimp. I had several ghost shrimp in a tank with them and it did not work out

May as well save half your money and buy 10. They will soon turn into 20, and not long after that you will have 100 - which is fine BTW.

I'm not sure what a nanu cory is but all corys should be in groups of at least 6, with more for the miniature breeds.

May as well save half your money and buy 10. They will soon turn into 20, and not long after that you will have 100 - which is fine BTW.

I'm not sure what a nanu cory is but all corys should be in groups of at least 6, with more for the miniature breeds.
That's great. Thanks very much!

Shrimp have very small bioloads. They eat the other fishes poop and uneaten food, and in return, poop very little. They are great for a cleanup crew. As for having 20, I think that that is a lot. What are the dimensions of your tank? May be you should go with 10. Keep in mind that if you keep them happy, they will breed like crazy.
Might I reccomend Amano Shrimp?
I never knew I could love a shrimp, but I have 2 and enjoy them more than me RCS.
They are larger and, to myself easier to bond with.

Most reactions

Back