The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Leftovers - the greatest dish there is :lol:

Seriously, 9 out of 10 things taste better the next day, well stuff I make does anyhow thanks to the copious amounts of seasoning.

As for the question, well, personally if I am gunna change something into something else I pretty much just slap whatever I feel would taste good together and see where it takes me (Although I do have a knack for it admittedly). I rarely cook from instructions with anything I make and when I do I am constantly adding extra things or switching ingredients. Best advice I can give is just be creative and bold and see what happens. Worst case scenario is it tastes like crap and you have learnt what not to do next time :lol:

Chicken can be used for anything- I use it in sandwiches, in pasta, with rice, or really nice- cold with chips and copious tomato sauce.

left over pizza stick in microwave or eat cold thats one way of re-using it
or sometimes i cut up cold pizza and chuck it with tagliatelle

Chicken, pork, beef etc. taste good with a jar of curry sauce, a few mushrooms and some rice.
Sausages with tinned tomatoes, mushrooms, green beans and pasta is a popular one in our house.
The other favourite is leftover mashed potatoes and veg. Mash them altogether, add herbs and an egg or two, bind together and make potato cakes. Fry or cook in the oven, taste great, especially with baked beans! :drool:

chicken korma, left over chicken, jar of korma sauce and rice mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I've used leftover chicken or pork to make stir fry with vegetables. Chicken is also good in enchiladas. I like to make chicken pot pie with leftover chicken (or turkey). You can add almost anything to soup. I use leftover roast beef to make stroganoff-type casserole.

Being half-vietnamese, the ultimate leftover dish is fried rice. Take whatever leftover meat and chop it up, mix it with rice (which I usually have leftover too), a little olive oil, fish sauce, soy sauce, a dash of your favorite herbs, reheat and eat up.

If you want to be fancier, you can mix it with fresh peas, corn, diced onions/garlic and diced egg omelottes.

its got to be bubble and squeek mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
my lot are addicted and look forward to sunday night. my friend uses cheese and a fried egg on top, but we have ours plain with a couple slices of bacon...... roll on sunday night :hey:

Generally it involves mashing up whatever left over veg from the previous night (normally from a roast dinner) and then frying it.

lol sorry bubble and squeek does indeed envolve mashing veg and roast potatos and dry frying in a pan or under a grill yum yum yum
lisa

Bubble and squeak my 2 hamster were called that. Booboo puppy your from US right B and S must be english

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back