Recommendations for tall growing plants please

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
why dont all the leaves of my plants float upwards ? not enough sunlight?

OK well sadly today I have noticed since this morning there were only 3 of the five shrimp I put in firday night visible swimming around and then I just saw one of the yellow ones crawl to the top and then turn upside down and fall back to the bottom. The plants which were growing well and had came from a seller who was certain it was from a tank which had shrimp in it said the fertiliser used was safe for shrimp. It had two moss balls in it which had been regularly, like weekly, given water changes since the start of november when I bought them and placed in their own qurantine container should have been fine. The only thing I can think of is the string used to prop up the plants that were hanging from it looks shiny, I think its normal use is for outdoor use and perhaps has a coating of wax on it to protect it. Could this have killed the shrimp? I did see them chewing on it! Also why did the plants look like they are dying? They did actually look good before the srimp were added to the tank. The shrimp did like to chew on the plants too.

The string looks like this and is made of Jute & plastic

I think plastic might be bad but come to think of it, if jute is from a crop as per below, farmer giles likely sprayed it with pesticides???

Jute is a long, soft, shiny vegetable fiber that can be spun into coarse, strong threads.

One yellow shrimp still lives luckily. Is it possible the five rams horn snails had affected the ammonium level too much? There was a 40% water change the night before the shrimp went in.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back