Recommendation for Roma 125 / noisy filter

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dwellernet

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have a Roma 125 fish tank that came with a fluval u3 filter, the clip is going so it does not stay upright and I don't think it is good enough for the tank.

I brought a fluval 307, however have found it very noisy, loud hum that you can hear a cross the other side of the room over the tv. I have problem solved and run it with the cannister empty with straight tubes without any improvement.

Anyway I am after advice in what is best to do to make my fish happy.

The cannister does not really fit in the cupboard, it won't go under the internal shelf.. I drilled holes in the back so the pipe work is straight as can be, but does go diagonally back/upwards about a foot.

I am not sure if this is ok as fluval say it's got to go straight up (tried this by holding the tubes but still noisy)

So my questions.

1. For the price bracket what is recommended for my tank?.

2. Should the 307 be really quiet.

3. If I get a replacement is the diagonal tubing for a foot be ok?

Basically I want to give my fish a good life but don't know whether to refund the 307 or replace it for something more appropriate.

Thank you so much in advance for any advice!.

Hi all.

I have a Roma 125 fish tank that came with a fluval u3 filter, the clip is going so it does not stay upright and I don't think it is good enough for the tank.

I brought a fluval 307, however have found it very noisy, loud hum that you can hear a cross the other side of the room over the tv. I have problem solved and run it with the cannister empty with straight tubes without any improvement.

Anyway I am after advice in what is best to do to make my fish happy.

The cannister does not really fit in the cupboard, it won't go under the internal shelf.. I drilled holes in the back so the pipe work is straight as can be, but does go diagonally back/upwards about a foot.

I am not sure if this is ok as fluval say it's got to go straight up (tried this by holding the tubes but still noisy)

So my questions.

1. For the price bracket what is recommended for my tank?.

2. Should the 307 be really quiet.

3. If I get a replacement is the diagonal tubing for a foot be ok?

Basically I want to give my fish a good life but don't know whether to refund the 307 or replace it for something more appropriate.

Thank you so much in advance for any advice!.

Attachments

• IMG_20210607_123818.jpg
    IMG_20210607_123818.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 82
The tubing on my Oase doesn't go straight up and it's super quiet. I've tidied it up quite a bit now once I moved the shelf and previously had more links and bends in them.

Make sure all parts/joints/locks are properly connected/locked and there is no loose parts.

Perhaps, you can take a look at some of these videos.

Most reactions

trending

Back