recomended plants and hides+ globetta chit-chat

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Anonymous Fox

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hello! just wodering what betta and pleco hides and plans you reccomend or what hides yours liked? i found this on etsy, i was gonna get it so the pleco could hide all day but i could still see if its alive: Fish Aquarium Cave Hide with Viewing Window | Etsy

globettas... i know there "inhumain" but i HATE it so much to see them so sad, gloomy, and neglected at the pet shop (do you call if shop or store?) the sad thing is, my LPS never has the blacklight on, so they don't 'glow.' i hate using blacklight, UV light, and LED lights for any fish, glofish or no glofish. it would kind of be like a human looking at the sun all day. if i got a globetta i would treat it like any other betta, no blacklight,(normal light) 10-15 gallon natural planted tank, live food/frozen shrimp, pellets and flakes, bloodworms, hides, driftwood, sand substrate, sponge filter, heater, betta leaf(s). just a good, happy, "normal" betta fish life. i always try to go for the saddest looking betta, so if it get brightly co(u)lored, fins get big ect. i know im giving it a good life. this is my own opinion, you can have a diffrent one. this might make me sound like a big jerk/animal abuser, but its my opinion, thanks for reading this far!

example about how globettas are treated diffrently than normal bettas

what comes up for normal betta tanks:

Betta-Fish-Tank-Size.jpg

globetta tanks:

maxresdefault.jpg

Please don't buy glo betta fish. It doesn't matter that you think you're giving them a better life, buying fish and promoting huge chains selling fish that are sourced inhumanely does nothing but harm.

Glofish are actually banned in Europe because of how cruel it all is. Pretty sure the betta trade is already a cesspit of cruelty anyway, why would you want to bump sales for companies that only promote animal abuse. If you buy them, you perpetuate the idea that it's okay for these big chain stores to keep stocking fish when it really isn't.

It's also illegal to breed them, by the way. Because they're copyrighted. Yeah. Glofish copyrighted fish with dye injected into them.

All this company cares about is getting money, it's beyond a bad idea to give them money.

Please don't buy glo betta fish. It doesn't matter that you think you're giving them a better life, buying fish and promoting huge chains selling fish that are sourced inhumanely does nothing but harm.

Glofish are actually banned in Europe because of how cruel it all is. Pretty sure the betta trade is already a cesspit of cruelty anyway, why would you want to bump sales for companies that only promote animal abuse. If you buy them, you perpetuate the idea that it's okay for these big chain stores to keep stocking fish when it really isn't.

It's also illegal to breed them, by the way. Because they're copyrighted. Yeah. Glofish copyrighted fish with dye injected into them.

All this company cares about is getting money, it's beyond a bad idea to give them money.
yes, dont support these businesses...

Oh, and to add onto that, they're horribly bred. Deformities galore, not a care in the world for improving their good old "recipe" for breeding them. Probably similar to panda corydoras: the demand for them is high, so breeders get careless and the fish are subject to inbreeding, and more often than not will die prematurely even in healthy home aquariums.

ik, ik. i probly will not get one. but, like, if my lps chooses not to sell them any more, they would have to get rid of them, hopfully not by killing *shutter* it would be like a clearenc sale, would it be ok then? hopefully all pet stores do that. one of my lps, that i like alot, dosent sell any glofish, bettas, danios, tetras, sharks any of them, and they breed them selves. im planing on getting my fish for my 47 gallon there :) and they dont keep the bettas in the plastic cups, they keep them in 2 gallon fish bowl like cups, wich is way better than other fish stores imo

ik, ik. i probly will not get one. but, like, if my lps chooses not to sell them any more, they would have to get rid of them, hopfully not by killing *shutter* it would be like a clearenc sale, would it be ok then? hopefully all pet stores do that. one of my lps, that i like alot, dosent sell any glofish, bettas, danios, tetras, sharks any of them, and they breed them selves. im planing on getting my fish for my 47 gallon there :) and they dont keep the bettas in the plastic cups, they keep them in 2 gallon fish bowl like cups, wich is way better than other fish stores imo
I doubt they will. Those shops profit off of inexperienced aquarists and parents to children who see cool looking fish and get them without doing research. Glofish, unfortunately, will stay in business for a long time.

I doubt they will. Those shops profit off of inexperienced aquarists and parents to children who see cool looking fish and get them without doing research. Glofish, unfortunately, will stay in business for a long time.
yah, its really upseting to think about. back to my first question, recommded betta and BN pleco plant and hides? your the pleco expert :)

yah, its really upseting to think about. back to my first question, recommded betta and BN pleco plant and hides? your the pleco expert :)
Large rocks and pieces of slate arranged in a cave big enough to fit 2x the pleco. Tall, thick plants like amazon swords, vals and elodea for example. Don't forget driftwood. They love driftwood.

A not very NATURAL looking choice, but my betta adored this little hide. It looks really nice in A planted tank Surprisingly. I don’t like the colorful gravel, rainbow plants, and all the fake decor, but I do really think this looks so pretty tucked between and in front of a bunch of plants, and the fish REALLY liked it
D47069D4-B457-4D74-A4D3-9A7907251F3B.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back