Recently Bought Some New Pygmy Cories!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

VaegaVic

Fish Addict
Reaction score
SO after I travelled 30 minutes in the snow to rescue 2 pygmy cories from my Mrs's Betta, I decided I quite liked them.
They have so much character, the first 2 tried shoaling with my hybrids bless 'em, so I decided I should go buy some more!
I came home with 13 of them (£1.50 each!) and now have a massively happy group!

Just a quick question about them, I would like to try and induce breeding behaviour, normally this would be buy conditioning, but I'm not sure how to do that with these little ones.
Normally to condition my other old cories I've had, I used to feed lots of live/frozen foods and then loads of water changes.
I don't know if it's the same with these little ones, as I can't see them fitting a blood worm in there mouths lol.

Any ideas?

I conditioned mine with defrosted baby brine shrimp and small cold wc's and hey presto a day later they spawned :rolleyes:

Here's my original topic :) pygmy cories

I meant to add i have since found frozen baby bloodworm which my pygmy/cories love :)

I actually found this at pets@home in their little freezer along with the usual bbs,daphnia etc :)

When i can get the shed door open to get to the freezer (snowed in :rolleyes: ) i will look to see who manufactures it :)

I agree about Pygmys. Love them!

One of mine (I'm sure it's the same one) doesn't wait for food to sink to the bottom, he shoots up and grabs it from the surface with the other fish. Like you say, so much character.

Some were also shoaling with my Neons the other day :)

Hi,
I also recently picked up a group of 7 and like them so much when the weather gets better and the roads are cleared will pick up more.
I have mine in a 20 long of their own and want to try to get them to spawn.What temps do you folks keep your in?
Mark Wilson

I'd like mine to spawn once but only so I end up with another 3 or 4. Then I'd could keep them lol!

Well I recounted today and I have a grand total of 18, the guy must have added a few more without me noticing.
I keep mine at 25C, that way it's easier to add cooler water to induce spawning, as there is more of a drop.

Nice amount :good:

I bred mine at a temperature of 22 degrees,then cold water changes triggered them off :)

i love pygmies too - £1.50 is a good price :good: cant find any around here atm though :sad: my 3 are a bit lost, but do shoal with the tetras :blink:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back