Reccommend Me Some New Tubes

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ChrisP

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm currently running 4 x 30W Arcadia Freshwater Lamps (T-8's) but they all now need replacing. What's the current buzz in the planted world of tubes? I have been out the loop of fish for a while so I'm a but clueless as to what's currently on the market. :unsure:

Freshwater lamps are still good :) I use 2 myself. I'm just waiting for a Zoo Med Ultra Sun Super Daylight Lamp. Quite cheap and reccommended to me on this forum. Only ordered it today from AE so we'll see. I'm hoping it will give a different colour rendition, compared to what I have now. Fingers crossed :)

If you have a Juwel lighting system, don't buy tubes with built in reflectors; as they are orientated the wrong way for the pins, and won't be as effective.

Thanks for the recommendations. I will probably give the Zoo Med's a try since I fancy trying something different and their cheaper anyway. :)

I have always found the freshwater tubes to be excellent, a bit 'boring' but tried and tested, I'll stick with them for all my planted tanks.

Sam

Actually another question here, can someone tell me why the 900mm tube is only 25W compared to the normal 900mm tube rating of 30W?

The Zoo Med Ultra Sun's. On their Website the 900mm is listed as 25W were as every other 90mm tube I have used is 30W, unless it is a mistake on their site. :eek:

http://www.zoomed.eu/Engels/aquarium%20light/Ultra%20Sun.htm

Actually I just looked at Aqua Essentials and he doesn't have 4 in stock so looks like I may be back to the Arcadia Freshwater's.

Ah thanks for clearing that up, any idea if Aqua Essential sis the only UK stockist? They don't have four in stock and the other usual places I shop online don't sell them.

There are others but you'll pay a lot more than £10.99.

My advice would be to buy 2 and keep 2 old tubes running. Then when Aqua Essentials stocks some more, get them.

This gives the plants less photoshock too.

Sorry to hijack the thread, i posted this before but didn't really get an answer.

Does anyone know if Arcadia make the 'Freshwater' tubes in T5s? I can find the T8s, but can't find T5s anywhere.

Any help appreciated as always. :good:

Sorry to hijack the thread, i posted this before but didn't really get an answer.

Does anyone know if Arcadia make the 'Freshwater' tubes in T5s? I can find the T8s, but can't find T5s anywhere.

Any help appreciated as always. :good:

No, the Arcadia HO T5s are Plant-Pro. It has a slight hint of pink rendition, but nothing as strong as the T8 Original Tropical.

I've heard they combined the two T8 tubes spectrums i.e. mixed Freshwater and Original Tropical into the Plant-Pro.

They're a good tube, but better mixed with a pure daylight i.e. D&D or Giesemann Midday 6000K IMO.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back