Reccomended fish for my tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

William

TFF Founder
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I have put salt in my tank to help my livebearers (guppies and platies) stay healthy.

Some fish don't like salt :angry: which means that the fish I intended to get for the aquarium are not all suitable :angry:

I have 6 platies and 4 guppies and 1 pleco my tank is 36"X12"X15"

Can I get Harlequin rasboras ?
Can I get any other forms of Tetras ?
Which other small fish do you reccomend for my community tank ?

Thanks

William

William I would stick to just the liveberers rather than mixing and matiching fish. It will make things a lot easier to deal with. If you must or decide to mix and match fish leave the salt out of the tank.

Tetras are not real big salt fans. The Rasboras might do ok but again I wouldn't mix and match unless you leave the salt out of the water. I have mix and match tanks and I don't use salt in any of my tanks and the livebearers do just fine with out it. Then again I don't keep mollies, just swordtails. Rose 8)

I don't keep mollies either :)

Ok do you have any ideas how to get the salt out of the tank! :look: :what:

Thanks a lot

William

Water changes is the only way to get the salt out of the water. Salt won't evaporate as water does. Rose 8)

How can I tell when I have got rid of enough of the salt in order for neon tetras to live i there.

Thanks

William

It depends on a lot of things...How often and how much water you change, how much salt you have put in there and not taken out with water changes.

I would start out with weekly 30% water changes for a month or two and then you should be golden on putting Neons in the tank. Rose 8)

Thanks,

My guppies which had been looking a bit :what: sick before I put the salt in are now right as rain :) . Hopefully the salt has done its good.

Thanks

William

Most reactions

Back