Rearranging Lr

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fishwatcher

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
South Carolina... Smiling Faces, Beautiful Places.
I am thinking of arranging my lr so that it's stacked up on one side, then tapers down towards the other side. The right side of the tank would be open sand, with a little open sand along the front and back edges for cleaning purposes.
I have 2 questions, though.
One is whether the weight would be a factor, as a lot would be piled up on one side.
The other is if that setup would be fine for the fish.
I am picturing it looking kind of like the edge of a reef, if that helps any.
Thanks!

Just fine to do things that way. I've seen plenty of setups like that. Including some really nice ones :D

it does give a great effect.

As for the weight being out of whack I don't think you need to be concerned. That's not the first tank I've seen done like that and have never heard of it causing problems.

Cool beans! I'll be working on it tonight probably. I'll post some pix when I'm done to get some feedback.
I don't have much in the way of pretty colors on the rocks, bc my lighting is pathetic, but hopefully it'll look ok.
Thanks for the help (again!) :thumbs:

Once you get it the way you like it then use some marine epoxy (cures underwater) to stick the pieces together and it wont topple.
Picture031.jpg

Regards
BigC

Im a big fan of clothes hangers (plastic) and super glue. I do purchase huge tubes of SG designed for the paleontology field $40 USD for 200g (retail).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back