Really Confused!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Andrew Beard

Reaction score
I have a 29 Gallon tank with a 3 inch Tinfoil Barb, 6 inch Kissing Gourami, full-grown Male Opaline Gourami, Pleco, Rainbow, 2 Mollys, Mosquito, and another small kissing Gourami. The problem im having is that some of my fish are turning up dead. I found my MOLLY inside my swordplant and she was dead. I have lost 4 fish already. Which fish could be doing it. I also have a small Ghost Shrimp but that would be impossible. I bought 2 swords and they died as well. They had been assaulted because one of them had a gash on his head. I havent seen my fish act voilently so im really confused. Livebearers are the only fish who seem to end up dying in my tank. Why is this happening?

First off what are your test results in ammonia,nitrite,nitrate,and ph, livebearers don't always seem to last long it depends if you got them in good health in the first place.

Your tank also seems rather over-stocked. Particularly the tinfoils and kissing gouramies are realy somewhat big for a 29 gallon. I wouldn't try adding any more fish and would do some big water changes instead.

I'm sorry to hear about your losses.

I would say be VERY aware of the Tin Foil Barbs, they grow soooooooo fast within a year ours had grown from around 1 1/2 ins to around 12 - 13 ins (and still growing). they out grew all our tanks untill we got the 140 gallon tank, even then That seem some what small, we eventually ended up giving them to our local LFS for their large display tank, lovely fish though.......still miss them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back