Ready for tomorrows meeting

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Well, I'm totally ready for our societies meeting tomorrow. I've bagged already all the fish that have been requested for.
IMG_1735[1].JPGIMG_1732[1].JPGIMG_1734[1].JPG

Have fun Stan.
I had a great day as usual overthere... brought a fully loaded cooling box with rare livebearers to our meeting and brought back home a fully loaded cooling box with other livebearers.
I got home for about two hours ago. Missed out on the train. Had to wait for another hour to proceed my way home. And now I'm in the relax mode.

Overhere a short video of my livebearer assets from our Poecilia meeting...

Nice … how many tanks do you have?

Do you have an automatic water change setup for all those tanks? Doing it manually would take a very very very very long time for 90 tanks.

Do you have an automatic water change setup for all those tanks? Doing it manually would take a very very very very long time for 90 tanks.
I'm old school... So, manually. But no, it's not that it takes a day's sweat to get it all done while doing maintenance. Fortunately, I can tell that my tanks are in good balance in general. It's all a routine. And I've got still enough time left for a social life and other hobbies. I also do need to say that I'm not doing water changes at a frequency as most overhere would do. Once the biological balance in a tank is set, don't change too much. Only do a water change if there's need for it. A slight peak in the water parameters won't harm. Let those fish get used to it, so they'll become stronger. If one is doing water changes too frequent, the water won't stabilize that well in a short period of time. With the number of tanks and fish, I hardly have diseases going on. And there are a fair number of tanks that can be called crowded. A lot of people would complain if they knew and those tanks are completely overstocked. And that I would have issues with those fish. But you just need to know what you're doing to ensure healthy and content fish. But the way I'm keeping fish is not something I would recommend to a novice aquarist. It needs serious practice.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back