Re-Stock Idea's

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Parasaurolophus

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So I'm going to take some of my fish back to the shop as I've got abit bored...but I'm not sure where to look for idea's for a new stock
I'd like fish that are interesting and active with personality the tank is 60 litres and heavily planted, lots of rocks and wood,
sand substrate. The fish I am keeping are 4 platies, 2 female Betta's.
So far I like Kuhli loaches and Bulldog plecos, I also like fish that are territorial ect. just lots of stuff that's interesting.

60 liters leaves you quite limited in what you can have that's "interesting" by your definition. Territorial fish will take all the space you have and make it their own, harassing tank mates into cowering wherever they can go without getting bitten. Kuhli loaches IMO should have at least 30 inches of length, as they're pretty active from what I've heard, like company of their own kind, and grow to be 3-5 inches long.

A bulldog pleco would be fine if it's a legitimate bulldog pleco that only grows to be 3 inches long. But rubber lip plecos share that common name as well may grow too large for your tank.

I'd avoid taking fish back just because you're bored with them, ultimately.

Oh, and I meant small fish, I prefer smaller fish too bigger ones I meant like how some male danios will form small territories to attract females and then they'll do a dance to chase eachother away ect.. xD, not for example two male rams or something in a 60 litre.

And I wasn't certain of how long Kuhli loaches got as the ones in my local MA were tiny so I figured they were small... I haven't done too much research yet and yes I was thinking of the smaller bulldog pleco not the rubber lips.

I know it sounds cruel because I'm bored with some of my current fish but I've had them for so long now I really need a change.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back