RCS and tank maintenance, advice

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

vanalisa

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I have heard/read that shrimp need special treatment when it comes to doing water changes and tank cleanings is this true in your experience? I have 2 Amanos that haven't seemed negatively affected by tank maintenance but I just required 7 red cherry shrimp and I wondered if they needed special treatment?
It's time to do the tank I'm getting a little worried about them.
Thanks!

My shrimp are in tanks with fish in so they get the same treatment as everyone else when I do a water change. I've never done anything special for them. What do you mean by special treatment?

My shrimp are in tanks with fish in so they get the same treatment as everyone else when I do a water change. I've never done anything special for them. What do you mean by special treatment?
Some special acclimation, and that they are sensitive. I don't remove my fish and they do alright, but I think I may have read to drip acclimate the shrimp?. Maybe just when one first gets them home. I don't do anything different for my 2 Amanos, though, and they are fine, and very sweet.
My first shrimp...never knew they are such curious creatures, and personable, too!

My shrimp tank gets a 75% weekly change same a everything else. No issues with this.

I do same as above. 75% weekly water change and gravel vac Very carefully. I have over 100 shrimp now.

I have 10 ghost shrimp and about 50 guppies including lots of very small fry and I vacuum and a 50% water change on a 30 gallon tank weekly. I always check the old water for shrimp and fry but so far it is working well.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back