Razzmatazz - November 2020 Tank of the Month Winner (31 gallons and larger)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
November 2020
Tank of the Month Contest

We had 10 awesome tanks entered in this month's TOTM contest featuring tanks sized at 31 US gallons and larger. But only one could win...

And the winner is.......
:band:
:hooray:
Razzmatazz
Let's all congratulate him
:drinks:
Here's the winning tank and its description

20201101_044317-jpg.121480
Hello all!
This is my 2 1/2 month 36 gallon BF planted tank.
Lighting is a Finnex 24/7 CRV LED fixture.

Filtration consist of a Seachem Tidal 55, a Hygger double sponge filter driven by a Tetra Whisper 40 air pump, and a cheapo internal filter with a spray bar which is used for surface agitation and poly fill is placed inside for water polishing.

Inhabitants consist of Neon and Rummynose tetras, Harlequin Rasboras, Panda Corys, Otocinclus and a pair of Honey Gouramis

Plants consist of various Anubias, Crypts, Java fern, Pogestemon, Amazon sword, Ludwigia and Dwarf Tiger Lotus.

Twice a week 10 to 12 gallon wc are done and testing parameters are performed the night before a wc. Seachem Prime is added to new tank water, Stability and Pristine is added after.

For plant fertilzers, Easy Green and Easy Iron is dosed a few hours after a wc and Seachem Flourish the following day. I only dose 1/2 the recommendations. Root tabs are also used.

Parameters holds steady at 0/0/10, PH at 7.4, temp is 77F, GH at 7.

Still learning a lot about the hobby and being on this forums definitely increased my knowledge.

Congrats go out to Razzmatazz on your very nice planted tank which includes nice driftwood in a nicely set up 36 gallon bowfront tank. Well deserved win.

Finishing in second place is Anthony1976 with his super nice 165 litre well planted tank. Good job, Anthony!

Finishing in third place is Wolfey, with his 33 gallon Jewel Rio nicely set up planted tank. Well done, Wolfey!

For those who didn't win, we hope you will continue to improve your tanks and enter a future Tank of the Month contest.

Remember...it's not whether you win or lose that is important - what's important is that you participate in our contests.

Next up in our contest trilogy here on Tropical Fish Forums will be our Pet of the Month contest. If you have a pet (no fish allowed), we hope you will enter it in our POTM contest. The contest will start momentarily. So get your pet pics ready to enter in the contest.

Thanks to everyone who participates in our contests by entering and / or voting.

Congrats! Such a great scaped tank!

Congratulations. Such a beautiful tank and all the more impressive that it's so new. You've a fantastic aquascape :thumbs:

Congratulations man! Beautiful tank. :wub: :clap:

Also congratulations to the second and third placer, and whoever else entered!

Wow! What an honor! Thank you so much! It was really fun for me and the wife to build this setup. Now everytime we look at it, we keep saying we should have gotten a bigger tank lol! But we learned a lot about the hobby. Thanks to all who entered the contest. I really enjoyed seeing other folks displays!

Congratulations! What an absolutely gorgeous tank you have! :yahoo:

Good job!

I hope you get spend some just sitting down and enjoying the view. Well done and congrats!

Beautifully done, a showcase of various plants.
Really nice and i am jealous i have always wanted a bowfront!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back