Razzmataz - 2020 Tank of the Year Winner!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score

We have a winner in Fishforums.net
2020 Tank of the Year competition
We''re winding up another great year for TFF. After running the Tank of the Month contests over the last 12 months, we had 12 Tank of the Month winners who were then entered into our Tank of the Year competition. All tanks were super nice but only ONE could win.

And the Tank of the Year winner is.......
:band:
:hooray:
Razzmataz
Let's all congratulate him
:drinks:
Here's the winning tank and its description

20201101_044317-jpg.121480

Hello all!
This is my 2 1/2 month 36 gallon BF planted tank.
Lighting is a Finnex 24/7 CRV LED fixture.

Filtration consist of a Seachem Tidal 55, a Hygger double sponge filter driven by a Tetra Whisper 40 air pump, and a cheapo internal filter with a spray bar which is used for surface agitation and poly fill is placed inside for water polishing.

Inhabitants consist of Neon and Rummynose tetras, Harlequin Rasboras, Panda Corys, Otocinclus and a pair of Honey Gouramis

Plants consist of various Anubias, Crypts, Java fern, Pogestemon, Amazon sword, Ludwigia and Dwarf Tiger Lotus.

Twice a week 10 to 12 gallon wc are done and testing parameters are performed the night before a wc. Seachem Prime is added to new tank water, Stability and Pristine is added after.

For plant fertilzers, Easy Green and Easy Iron is dosed a few hours after a wc and Seachem Flourish the following day. I only dose 1/2 the recommendations. Root tabs are also used.

Parameters holds steady at 0/0/10, PH at 7.4, temp is 77F, GH at 7.

Still learning a lot about the hobby and being on this forums definitely increased my knowledge.

Last edited:
We had 12 top notch tanks entered into our Tank of the Year competition. After a very close contest, we have a winner. The winner is Razzmataz with his 36 gallon well planted and nicely stocked Bow Front tank. Congrats Razzmataz on your win.

You will soon receive a Tank of the Year Winner banner and will be added to our Winners' Wall of Fame. In addition, you will receive a $50 Amazon gift card. An admin will be in touch soon to arrange this Amazon gift card.

Coming in a very close second place with his 20 gallon perfectly planted and nicely stocked tank is Munroco. Congrats on finishing in 2nd place.

Finishing in a close 3rd place is mbsqw1d with his 52 gallon superbly planted tank. What a super nice looking tank. Congrats

Thanks to all 12 entrants in this TOTY competition. You are all winners in my book...each having won a Tank of the Month contest. Thanks for participating in our contests.

Next up is our January Tank of the Month contest which will feature tanks sized at 17 to 30 US gallons. Get your tanks ready to enter the contest which will start later this afternoon.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Last edited:
Congrats on winning Tank of the Year!! trophy1 That's an amazing tank. Great job putting it all together! ?

Congratulations. The tank is beautiful!!!

Congratulations

Congrats!!! I really love rummynose tetras and it is super cool to see that you have them in your tank.

Everyone: please participate in our Tank of the Month contests. Next New Year’s eve, you just might be in our Tank of the Year runoff poll.
January TOTM. TANKS SIZED AT 17 to 30 US gallons
February TOTM. Tanks sized at 31 gallons and lager
March TOTM Tanks sized at 16 US gallons and smaller.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back