Rays?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

MisssMarie

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I saw a beautiful lil female at the store today and I was thinking of picking her up. I forget though, how many rays is what tail type? She's got 2 rays so, veiltail?

2 is either VT or PK *you will tell from the anal fin length long and pointy for VT short and squared PK ;)*

SD is 4

HM is 4+ can be upto 16 if i remember rightly

Oh how I wish she just had 4.... She's a beauty lil young tricolor! I'm gonna have to recount them on Tuesday and maybe I miscounted? She'd be the perfect female for breeding.... Very calm and nice, shares the tank with shrimp of all types - cherry, crystal, even vampire!

Yes. 2 is either PK or VT. A veiltals anal fin would be more pointy and longer. While the PK's anal fin would be shorter and not as pointy.

Veiltals are dominant over any other tail type and can be used for lengthening fins. Though because it's dominant over all other tail types it isn't much desired for breeding with other tail types.

Plakat finnagge, short finned. Is recessive to long fin traits. A plakat could be good in a breeding line for thickening ray branching, and body form.

Well, I'll have to take a look again and post a pic when I do, I believe it was VT but I could be wrong

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back