Rats!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Haha! I have 5 female suggies so smell is not an issue. I see so i should be getting a male then. I love fatties haha

here's some snuggly hammock action

Attachments

• 1488067_10202794384809130_1637243928_n.jpg
    1488067_10202794384809130_1637243928_n.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 164
Cute hehe.. That's the siamese color right? :D

Are domesticated fancy rats nervous around predatory pets? Or they won't seem to mind if they're on you or near you?

Just wondering coz my house is not a very comfortable place to live in if you're a prey-type animal >__< i have a free-roaming monitor lizard, a free-roaming scops owl and a palm civet

You got some fun sounding animals! They aren't nervous around the cats or dogs I have, I mean, they will run to me for safety and hop into my shirt collar, but either make sure they have a nice sturdy cage like the sugar gliders or keep them in a room with a door on it to keep curious animals away from the cage.  But if you've actually got the rats on you for some play time it should be alright...although...the owl may be a concern.  But if the sugar gliders are fine and not getting eaten it should work out.

Indeed they are. Somehow they all managed to cohabitate with each other over the years without giving me any problems.

Scops owls are really small even as adults. They're even smaller than your average hen. Even in the wild they rarely take on rodents.

My only concern was if the rats were gonna get stressed by seeing a lot of predators in the house haha! I'm getting a pair by next month. Their space is now ready for occupancy haha

awesome! ferrets are natural predators for rats, and they can live in the same house...and they can smell them but should be confident enough to not be too stressed out as long as their cage is not accessible to them.

so how does one acquire a civet?...and did you do it for the coffee =p

My civet had wild-caught grandparents, captive-born and captive raised parents and now she is a descendant. I do sell the civet poop coffee at my store since i only have a single patron who orders it everyday :D

We don't have any special laws here regarding exotics just have a wildlife registration certificate and you're good to go haha

I have 6 female rats! All desexed, apart from my oldest girl Parvani who is passed the stage of an easy, safe surgery :(
Two of my girls are personal rescues from people who couldn't look after their rats properly, Rin and Parvani (black hood and PEW).
Two of my girls are from the NZ Rat Rescue, Dasha and Xena (black Berkshire and dove hood).
And two of my girls are from very reputable breeders, Enna and Isadora (black bareback with head spot and split cap, and dove self).
I adore my girls, and they all get very spoilt! I have owned 17 rats altogether, since 2008 :)

I miss having rats! I have had five total and they are just wonderful, and so loving and smart. I really want more, but I'm already spending my extra money on fish stuff all the time! lol

Most reactions

trending

Back