Rate of growth for knife fish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

superman

Fish Addict
Reaction score
My clown knife fish has grown about 6 inches in the last 7 months, he is now 14 inches long, do you know if this is fast for a clown knife fish or does this sound normal? My BGK is about 11 inches long, I only bought him about 4 months ago, and I think he was about 9 inches long then, should I expect the same rate of growth in the BGK as the clown knife? I am kind of curious, how big have you seen a BGK in captivity, mine is the longest one that I have witnessed, what are your experiences?

I don't have enogh tank to house one or I would have a BGK. I've seen a 16" one at my lfs in their "NOT FOR SALE" display tank

how big is the tank/pond are you talking about black ghost koi? or black ghost carp? as for fish sizes ive found even different fish of the same brood grow different rates. same with all things some grow bigger and faster than others.

Mine grow about 4in in about 6 mouths but I gust feed mind pellets .

I've kept both a few times as the Clown is my favourite all time fish.

Clowns grow well faster than BGKs especially as juveniles to about 12 inch or so then they slow a bit.

Do you have any pics?

As they get older the arch in back, head bump gets more proonounced and it looks great

just noticed this post is 12 years old!!!!

where did you dig this one up from Oswegofish?:)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back