Rate my cherry shrimp tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jason181

Reaction score
Rate out of 10. Tell me what I need to improve! Sorry for bad lighting
15899202592135084170797278157321.jpg

Again, sorry for the terrible lighting it's night for the shrimp, and yes there is stocking over the filter intake.

This tank houses over 20 juvenile cherry shrimp and 2 adult females. A big problem I see is that I used to only have 2 cherry shrimp in this tank and within a day there are over 20 so I need to watch the parameters. Also, my shrimp keep swimming up to where the filter is pointing and being blasted around the tank, this a problem?

I hace some floating plants in my shrimp tank like anacharis and moneywort. I have water sprite planted along one side. I have noticed that my shrimp (ghost shrimp) like to climb the water sprite and hang in the floating plants. I have a slow current in my tank. (30 gallon tall)

Id give it a 7.5

Its a nice cozy size, good for shrimp. Shrimp have very low bioloads, so you may not be so bad for parameters.

But, shrimp love lots of dense plants to hide out in and browse for microorganisms. Id add lots more plants, and some driftwood. More hiding places will make them feel very secure and show more natural behaviors, which should make them more enjoyable for you

Id give it a 7.5

Its a nice cozy size, good for shrimp. Shrimp have very low bioloads, so you may not be so bad for parameters.

But, shrimp love lots of dense plants to hide out in and browse for microorganisms. Id add lots more plants, and some driftwood. More hiding places will make them feel very secure and show more natural behaviors, which should make them more enjoyable for you

I would add more plants but I do not want to risk the danger of disease spreading. Last time I introduced plants, the java moss seen in my tank, I got an outbreak of cyanobacteria. The java moss is more dense behind that temple, so I guess I might just let it grow?

I would add more plants but I do not want to risk the danger of disease spreading. Last time I introduced plants, the java moss seen in my tank, I got an outbreak of cyanobacteria. The java moss is more dense behind that temple, so I guess I might just let it grow?
Cyanobacteria isnt a disease introduced to an aquarium. There are other factors involved with that one. But bacteria is always present in our water, but an imbalance triggers it to grow and become apparent. This can be triggered by water parameters, lighting, lack of flow, etc.

Id propagate more of the moss to get it to grow more densely :) add some driftwood with the moss on it too to add some height to it

The tank is rich in algae but should I be feeding them? There are over 20 shrimp in that tank and my water is moderately hard so they have a lot of calcium.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back